Tesla T-Smart immersion heater reliability ? | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Tesla T-Smart immersion heater reliability ? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Has anyone fitted a Tesla T-Smart immersion heater and can comment on reliability ? On Amazon, there are mixed reviews, with one saying that it is dangerous as it didn't turn off properly. I spoke to Tesla and they said that those reports were early teething issues (but I guess they would say something like that !). Has anyone actually fitted one and can comment further ?

Electric elements for hot water have been around almost as long as electricity.
If Tesla have had 'teething problems', then there is something amiss with this product.

Tesla are sending rockets and satellites into out space - and making electric cars.
Can they not get a 'Smart Immersion Element' correct the first time?

No, I haven't installed one - to answer your question.

Electric elements for hot water have been around almost as long as electricity.
If Tesla have had 'teething problems', then there is something amiss with this product.

Tesla are sending rockets and satellites into out space - and making electric cars.
Can they not get a 'Smart Immersion Element' correct the first time?

No, I haven't installed one - to answer your question.
I didn't think it was the same company who makes the electric cars ? Anyway, the alleged teething problems were not to do with the 'age old' heating element, but rather the very new wireless control of the immersion which connects to an online server, hence my question about whether anyone has any experience of them.

Same difference.
Electric element or wireless controls.
You would think a item branded 'Tesla' wouldn't have an issue with 'wireless controls'.
The system probably has an inbuilt override to heat the cylinder to 65C once every 24 hours to stop growth of Legionella.
I would assume this is a function you can't disable, unless you turn the power off to the element.

Same difference.
Electric element or wireless controls.
You would think a item branded 'Tesla' wouldn't have an issue with 'wireless controls'.
The system probably has an inbuilt override to heat the cylinder to 65C once every 24 hours to stop growth of Legionella.
I would assume this is a function you can't disable, unless you turn the power off to the element.
The anti-Legionella cycle is that it heats to 60C once every two weeks, and yes that is fixed unless you power it off. I asked whether that was often/high enough and they said that in their testing it was (whatever that means).

Similar plumbing topics

B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Replies
Views
MOSSEP
M
  • Question
Yes, The size of the external expansion...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Firstly, I love seeing the world through other...
Replies
Views
Z
  • Question
fitting a cylinder jacket or two and some pipe...
Replies
Views
Back