TEsting a boiler fan unit: Keston C40 | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss TEsting a boiler fan unit: Keston C40 in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lineproducts

Hi
Visiting from the electricians forum.

Any help or advice appreciated!

Boiler error code says fan problem. Plumber wants to replace but at £200 I first want to be sure that the fan is the problem and not the controller. He says that he cant test the fan to make sure??
The fan has two supplies: 230v (which I have tested and is fine) and then a low DC feed from the boiler controller to the fan controller.
Do any of you know how I can power up the fan to determine if the actual fan unit is the problem or not?

Thanks

we cant on this forum give out advise to non gas safe engineers about such things as the fan forms part of the combustion process. The best solution would be to phone the manufacturer with the gas safe engineer present and ask them how to test it.

Agree with awheating, you could also ask them how much a fixed priced call out is

Thanks Guys

I agree (strongly) with the gas safe sentiment - just as I would advice regarding electrical problems!

Looks like there is no simple way to test.

Thanks again!

I have always found keston invaluable - extremely helpful whenever I've called them. please get the engineer to do so and get a full idea on the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Nothing you can check yourself as it states in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Is your boiler the 'Ideal Logic Heat 12' (i.e...
Replies
Views
Just for completion, and to have this archived...
Replies
Views
I moved into a 14 year old house a few months...
Replies
Views
Absolute cock & bull from SGN, think about...
Replies
Views
Back