Testing zone valves electrically..? | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Testing zone valves electrically..? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Yes.
What do you need to know?
In a typical zone valve, L & N go to the motor and grey is permanent live to the micro switch and orange is the switched live from it. The motor should have an ohms reading through it.

Does that help or do you need a specific answer to something?

It wouldn’t open if brown has 240v then motor fecked need to change the zone valve

Thanks I want to no how you would test if the motor was at fault?
You can test the live and neutral to it for 240V. Test both because a live to it won't do anything if there is no neutral.
You can also test the ohms reading through the motor. I cannot remember what it should be but they generally fail completely from my experience so there will be no continuity through the winding.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
You need to test AC (alternating current) on...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a CH circuit on a 2 way zone valve...
Replies
Views
  • Question
There are 7 manifolds total. I”m no expert...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yep, that's it. I've uploaded a video to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
OK thanks for the response. I hadn't...
Replies
Views
Back