The Customers work around :) | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss The Customers work around :) in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

D

diamondgas

Today I came across something that defied logic! Linea01.jpg

This was a customers work around coz their boiler stopped working .... It's a Vokera Linea 24

Inside looked like this ....Linea02.jpg.. If you unscrewed the 'God knows what?' the PCB died!

I want to know how they thought or found out this would do something???

We may worry about those DIYers that get on this forum .... This is what they do without our intervention!!!

Feel free to add your dodgy customer workarounds as and when :)

Last edited by a moderator:
the stupidity of people, never underestimate Joe halfwit

End of the day it got this tenant some form of hot water but no heating ..:) I'm replacing the pcb coz obviously it's a bit miffed!! Then we'll see what else is amiss :)

It just amazed me that i saw what looked like a cooker adjustment leg sticking out of the face of a boiler??

maybe its normal,it breaks down so often its a great big reset LOL

Like hit this to get it goin!! lol

I'd love to know how he come up with the idea ... reset on these is turn the selector to mid :) I don't know what he stuck the bed leg into hole wise? The neon indicator had been slapped to one side also but was still flashing and going beserk! The mind boggles honestly!

Probably been into it, bent the board and it fired up.
It did tamz! How the fek did he know to do this though??? Honestly !!! ... I had to screw the thing in and out just to see what it was doing! Flex the board and up fired the boiler wind it back and the display died!! ...lol ... Still bejizzles me as to how they thought it up? ... lol

Did it actually screw in and out?
Maybe he is wasted in his current job :lol:
:rofl: it actually screwed in about 2" before anything happened ... No thread on the plastic facia or anything ....! the neon light indicator light is above wher he decided to screw the adjustment leg in?
However the 'workaround' come unstick coz the heating ain't working! lol as well as the dodgy light show :)

you never stop learning or seeing new things in this trade. I went to a job years ago and unpluged the boiler only to get a shock from the plug :86:. I was in the plumbers merchants a few years back and a plumber came in and said he had just been to a job where some idiot had ran a waste pipe through the fridge LOL

Here's a "built in" electric shower made by a customer.

He switches it on at the cooker socket (where it's wired into) then runs to the bathroom and opens the tap (bottom right) to allow water to flow.

He said "why should I replace it, it's worked great for 15 years. I just want you to replace the tap as thats leaking!"

IMG_0154.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a "built in" electric shower made by a customer.

He switches it on at the cooker socket (where it's wired into) then runs to the bathroom and opens the tap (bottom right) to allow water to flow.

He said "why should I replace it, it's worked great for 15 years. I just want you to replace the tap as thats leaking!"

View attachment 5109

why does he not open the tap first then turn the power on,the fool !! :smiley2: :wink_smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks for your reply. I inherited the system...
Replies
Views
Working at a flow temp of 30 ? As a dt of 30...
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
    • Love
It is London and Manchester, if you download...
Replies
Views
Back