The flue from my boiler is less than 300mm from adjacent extractor fan -what do I do? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss The flue from my boiler is less than 300mm from adjacent extractor fan -what do I do? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sean0

I have Potterton 40l boiler in a kitchen cupboard with a flue through the wall to the outside, I also have an extractor fan leading out from the kitchen and both vents are under 300mm apart. I bought the house in 2004 (new build) looking at selling but have been warned that this may be an issue. In the past I have had inspectors say that it is not to current standards but I don't need to do anything.

Anyone know what I should be doing, do I have to do anything??

Thanks

Re: The flue from my boiler is less than 300mm from adjacent extractor fan -what do I

have your boiler serviced. A gas engineer will be able to inform you of current regulations and leave you the appropriate paperwork

Re: The flue from my boiler is less than 300mm from adjacent extractor fan -what do I

depending on how old your boiler is , you may need to get a plume kit for the flue. If you cannot obtain one due to the age of the boiler, your options are either relocating the extractor or replacing the boiler and installing a Plume kit with the new boiler. Make sure that 300mm is the minimum clearance in the manufactures specifications.
Hope this is of some help to you.

i take it its a 40 L suprima? if so then its 300mm from a opening depending if the extractors on the side or adjacent to then its not to current standards if its above then it could be at risk better off removing and blocking up the extractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I took those photos! Looks like the only...
Replies
Views
I'm sorry it's been difficult reading. Is this...
Replies
Views
D
As above The Grant instructions tell you to...
Replies
Views
Worked a charm, thanks a lot Shaun!
Replies
Views
Unfortunately not. My customer said his...
Replies
Views
Back