The right plumber | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss The right plumber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

richardm

Hi

I have been looking for a long time for a plumber working as a sole trader or small company to assist me in various plumbing works in three areas: the South of England and also in the North based in Manchester/Midlands area and also in Scotland too. Its a funny role as I am really looking for someone to grow with us and the work can be reactive small jobs, shop fitting, project work and generally advising. I look after 500 plus stores all of them with ice, coffee, dish washers, 3 WCs and numerous sinks etc. and yet still cannot find a plumber with the right attitude, price and skills. We are building fifty new stores a year as well.

A lot of the work is out of hours and some night work is required. Flexibility is the key but the rewards through the volume and steady flow are there to be had for the right person/team.

Some of the typical jobs:

1) Sanitary-ware replacement, leaks, tap replacements etc.

2) Dish washer and appliance installations

3) Kitchen equipment installations

4) Solenoid valve, leak detection systems ocassionally

5) Heatrae Megaflo stats and element changes plus new installs

6) RAMS, accreditations, CSCS a must

I can be flexible on terms to a degree for the right company but our general terms are 45 days but don't let that put you off as we can discuss options. However, I do expect a responsive and quick service

If anyone has the right tickets, attitude and skills and is not afraid of long and sometimes unsociable hours drop me a line with your CV/history/details/rates etc. to [email protected]

Regards

Richard

would it not be better to split into 3 diffferent regions. south mids/north and scotland covering your shops. covering the whole of the uk seems bit of a big ask for a sole trader. especially tradesmen/women with families. or maybe your finding it difficult because your terms are not commensurate with what it is expected.

What does that mean then, we have to wait 45 days for money?

You want a quick service but you want to make us wait 45 days to be paid? Good luck with that.

What does that mean then, we have to wait 45 days for money?

Thats what I think, I contract my work in and I invoice weekly but the cash is three weeks behind. I get paid weekly but each week it's the cash from three weeks previous. It works for me, but 45 days if your only involving every 45 days is a long time. But if the money I right it'd be worth the wait I suppose.

I agree with jules on the splitting o the areas. It's Hartley reactive work if there's an emergency in say Manchester and somebody has to travel from Birmingham.

Would be okay for someone who likes driving round all day, I don't I hate it.

If I have to travel 5 miles to a job I'm annoyed.

There we go again,

I want top quality work and an immediate response, I want you to use top quality parts and do the work to the best of your ability and want wait for it..........

YOU to wait 45 days for your money....... Hey! don't stress this is negotiable to 30 days but I hold 10% just in case it goes wrong.........

BORED already

yes!. been doing this sort of work for years and i believe i recognize your business direct/indirect from family or friends who may or may not be on your contacts list?.

been there done it, £45k.pa on retainer i may be interested?

in your situation you will be looking for a reactive employee, this will be an employed position at around £28k pa company van etc probably 3 of them!
thing is, not many established 'plumbing' companies will need this especially on 45 day invoicing to what is involved and the risk associated within this sector (here one day, gone the next) then people loose out!.
i do know people in a similar business to yourself who may cover it within their own portfolio's indirectly who provide nationwide annual maintenance contracting.
am i wrong in thinking £1,200 per site on electrical/plumbing service contract x 500 = £600k pa less the general stuff?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Evening all, I'm on the prowl for a plumbers...
Replies
Views
Hi, we're a small firm with a a growing client...
Replies
Views
Thanks Dean. If you're looking for a job...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Hey Dennis, Much appreciate you are giving...
Replies
Views
Old Account
O
If they stump up the air fare I'm there
Replies
Views
Back