Thermal Imaging Camera | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Thermal Imaging Camera in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LPC

My new FLIR One camera came yesterday and so far i'm pretty impressed. Think it's going to be very useful for lots of things I haven't really thought of yet (although I mainly got it to show before/after radiators for powerflushing). It has lots of different settings for different temp ranges etc (inc hottest/coldest to make it very sensitive). It also reads exact surface temperatures making my infrared gun redundant. Here are a few pics I took with it this morning:

http://i.*********/aDVHzza.jpg

http://i.*********/lCuEHnt.jpg

http://i.*********/S6EKfvF.jpg

Hot pipe in a wall!

http://i.*********/Oq6o8L6.jpg

I've always wanted on of these and now FLIR have brought out the One, it's almost too cheap to not have one!

Have been waiting for this after reading about them earlier in year, didn't know they were available yet so have just ordered one.

I was looking at the compact all in one unit they do, didn't know this existed! Is it well made it does it seem a bit vulnerable to being broken? Does it just hang out of the iPhone port ?

Wow thats a great price. I was looking at reconditioned hand held thermal imaging cameras and cheapest I could find was about a grand

This is the other one I was looking at

FLIR C2 | eBay

Take the VAT off and it's less than £500 but still a lot more expensive. It looks a bit tougher though and doesn't rely on which phone you have at the time. I'm not sure I like the way t just hangs out of the iphone lightning connector, it doesn't look very secure.

It does just hang out of the iphone connector but it is fairly secure IMO. It comes with a little rubber carry case with a lanyard on so when you're not using it it can be stored safely.

I'd say the advantage of this unit over a standalone is that you can easily take pics/videos via your iphone and you instantly have them to email/text etc if needs be. Also it's obviously a lot cheaper!

479021319368256ec32bfc164f96ebf0.jpg
1a323e8ed2d75b99bbd18614db8fc247.jpg

Same resolution as the c2. But the c2 doesnt have MSX what makes a good difference with objects.

Well impressed with it. Would love an E4 with firmware hack but never come up 2nd hand

No sim card needed. Mine works without. Picked the iphone 5 and flir jacket for 200 all together

Ahh the flir e4. Doenload the e8 firmware and hack it and it becomes an e8 with 320x240 !!

Coming to android soon so it says on website

That's amazing value and a very handy piece of kit, about a year ago I was looking to buy a Testo 880-3 camera which is crazy expensive and I couldn't justify the sheer price but the quality is top notch,

That's amazing value and a very handy piece of kit, about a year ago I was looking to buy a Testo 880-3 camera which is crazy expensive and I couldn't justify the sheer price but the quality is top notch,
This what I was doing but just couldn't justify spending £1000 for a ' nice to have piece of kit' where £200 is quite a justifiable expenditure. Think it should make its money back in a very short time.

I think where it'll really shine is showing customers in real time the cold sludge areas in the bottom of the radiators. Powerflushes galore! :)

I can say my one can see hot pipes under the floorboards and walls and the route they take and also crapped up radiators. It has its uses.

Does look very nifty. Think I shall be getting one of these when it comes out for the droids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

CAT S60 | Thermal Imaging Rugged Smartphone |...
Replies
Views
I'd say if upstairs has been checked under...
Replies
Views
Good stuff, yep I can’t totally relate to...
Replies
Views
Sharp Point
S
Don't think that M.valves will pull in air...
Replies
Views
hello, old post but what did you go with in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
Back