Thermal Stores for domestic hot water. | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Thermal Stores for domestic hot water. in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

For my own general knowledge I would be obliged if someone could answer the following questions regarding thermal stores for domestic hot water. The situation I have in mind is for a 2 bed modern semi. with 1 bathroom and 1 shower room.
1. What minimum capacity thermal store would be required?
2. Would a thermal store with an internal coil be suitable or would one with a plate heat exchanger be necessary?
3. Are plate heat exchangers internal or external to the storage tank and if external are they supplied with the tank or are they an added extra.
4. I understand a pump working in conjunction with a flow switch is needed with a plate heat exchanger. Is this correct?
5. Is there a significant advantage of one type of heat exchanger over the other and is there a significant difference in product and installation costs?
Perhaps I should explain that my daughter's house has a Boilermate 2000 installed and I am guessing that eventually it will need replacing. Having mains pressure hot water with a normal (not a Combi) gas boiler seems to me to have its advantages.

Most folk who have the open vent plate type thermal stores utilize solid fuel aswell because you have to keep the store hot constantly or it can't heat the plate for your hot water..more expensive than unvented pal

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Lower running costs for one ,size it for the...
Replies
Views
According to the manufacturer's information OV...
Replies
Views
B
  • Question
Where is the pump fitted on the Woodburner...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have two rads upstairs connected exactly the...
Replies
Views
Back