Thermostat+2 port moto valve+gas boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Thermostat+2 port moto valve+gas boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

joy123

Anybody here knows how to wire it? Currently i wired the 2 thermostat to the boiler which just call for heating. And i have 2 switch to turn on the 2 valve. Problem is if i need upstairs and downstairs heating both, i have to turn off one of the thermostat. how can i wire it properly ?

Ya thats the first thing everybody would do, and i like everybody i have 2 leg, 2 eye......so i call one and he told me my thermostat wont work with the boiler. Didn't thought it was write, thats y i got the menual for boiler and hook it up myself. So dont think how much help i will get by calling him again. I could get another one but its seems not to be a rocket science.

Anyway thanks for your advice tho its really helped!

One thing i wonder if anybody care to answer without advising to get a scientist or electritian-

>Is it ok to turn on and off valve costantly? I can use my thermostat to call for heat and turn on the valve same time when the temp drops. But dont know if it is ideal?

your valves are opened and closed all the time,no problem

presume you have a thermostat for each area control by one of the thermostats

You can find many wiring diagrams on line,try honeywell site

Basically each thermostat will open its relevant valve at 230v,then once open ,there is a switch in the valve that sends power to turn boiler on through another circuit,this being the v/f or l/v

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks puddle, ya i have 2 zone and 2 stat, my tstat is non-volt and my boiler has a non-volt switch to call for heat, so i was planning to wire the zone valve with the zone switch. and zone 2 tstat will be wired to the valve swich.

so every time tstat send a signal to valve to open, valve will open and call for heat.
now i have to have a look at the 2 way valve to find out, is it non-volt or ac powered.
cheers.

It sounds as though you are trying to zone off a combi boiler.The switched live from a motorised valve will send 240vac which if connected to non volt on boiler will blow PCB. Could be an expensive mistake. Try another electrician or a heating engineer who wires up his own systems

Wire it so the stats are opening the relevant valve (brown wire) then use the orange and grey wires from the valves to switch the boiler through the stat connections. They will work volt free.

Volt Free S Plan.jpg

Like that
icon7.png

Wire it so the stats are opening the relevant valve (brown wire) then use the orange and grey wires from the valves to switch the boiler through the stat connections. They will work volt free.

View attachment 1950

Like that
icon7.png

thanks, one thing about tstat i am confused. at the moment my valve is wired direct to main and have a switch between brown. so i can turn it off manually. here is a diagram

BOILER.jpg
NOW brown wire comeing out from valve have to wire to live? so i cant use a volt free tstat?
thanks again for looking

It would be too hard to explain but the thermostat takes the place of the switch (a thermostat is just a switch). The volt free side of a motorised valve is the microswitch wires (the orange and grey).

Just give your electrician this drawing and tell him to follow it. (i've added another valve and stat). He doesn't really need to know why but this is the only way to do it on a combi with volt free connections or system boiler with volt free.

Volt Free S Plan 2.JPG

thanks. i will do that. and i need a tstat which is ac powered(not volt free).

You can use any kind of thermostat you like. It is just a switch.
If it has a neutral it contains what is called an anticipator which makes it react a bit faster

ok, can you have a look this one? i have a LUX TS900ST thermostat's [DLMURL]http://www.luxproproducts.com/pdfs/P...G_20051013.pdf[/DLMURL]
Its says on the manual its only for volt free. but i could be wrong, if you have a min will you have a look at this please. at the moment i am only using heating only and wire in W and RC(RH and RC is juper wired together).

Not so straight forward using that stat. As it is American i am not sure it could even take 230V but they could still be used if you like.

Tell me exactly what you have and what you want to control and i'll do a drawing.
Make and type of boiler?
How many motorised valves? (i take it these are std european, honeywells or similar?)
2 of these Lux programmable stats?
Any other controls or timers?

thanks sorry for late ,, here is the link for boiler http://theinitiativegroup.org.uk/fsc..._UKENG_LAS.pdf and i am explaining now everything ...

ps: i am pritty much sure its says on the lux thermostat its not for 115 or 230 ac. its a volt free. but wondering what way i can wire it so it will do the job!!

valve.jpghere it is, i have 2 motorised valve for upstairs and downstairs, its a italian one. its says sdruses or something on the top, there is 5 cable coming out from each of them. and as i said earlier at the moment they r just connected to the main and a swith on the brown cable. we can manually trun on/off each of them.here is a pic and thats the best i could take because its in a such a tight place nither i can see the name or take a pic

i have two thermostat, one is lux(for downstairs) and another one is towerstat RF for upstairs(its works for 230 main or volt free). so i am not worried about that towerstat much. becase it will be straight forroward. here is the link for towerstat rf [DLMURL]http://www.grasslin-controls.co.uk/assets/graphics/static/STT%20RF.pdf[/DLMURL]

the way i use them now is , turn them on manually and turn on the valve manually. all i want to do is to hook them up lux with the downstirs valve and
towerstat upstairs valve. for towerstat i belive the wiring like

valve-------------------thermostat
live live
gray AND orange----------------------boiler(M10 which is for TT)

do you want to know anything else?

Here is another drawing for your system. It is done using 2 x 230v thermostats like the tower stats.

Volt Free S Plan 3.JPG

The Lux stat could probably be used if connected through a relay.

Thanks its all clear now, but the relay. If i wanna use a relay, i have to get a source of power supply for relay. And send 5 volt to get 5 volt back from lux to turn on the relay? Is it right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
I don't believe moving the manual lever over...
Replies
Views
Who said plastic 28/22mm copper tube and mlcp...
Replies
Views
Just to check the boiler dial is on hot water...
Replies
Views
Yeah I think Ill have a Hive thermostat in...
Replies
Views
Back