Thermostat on boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Thermostat on boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

philipcooepr

I am looking at purchasing the vailliant ecotec pro 28 boiler. I have seen two pack one with a wireless thermostat and one without. If I bout the one without will I need to purchase a thermostat seperate or will I still be able to get heating etc on ?

Will you be fitting all this?

no i will not just looking at what to buy, getting material in and geting someone to install at a later date

Well you will need a thermostat for the heating,if you have one already,probably can re use with new boiler,if you do not have a existing thermostat ,you will need one to meet existing regs and personal comfort,heating thermostats more than pay for themselves

imho

I'd go for the wireless if you fancy an upgrade due to the ease of installation and neatness

Don't forget a filling loop

I'd call a local plumber in to say what he needs before you go and buy in dribs and drabs

May even work out cheaper for you if you have the plumber supply the parts.

And I'm not saying your going to install the boiler BUT if you get a GSR you'll get a 5 year warranty

Thanks may look at getting a wireless. If I do not get a wireless forehand wil he still be able to install boiler without one. Does it have one built in to get it running and the wireless is just to upgrade ?

Going by your previous posts Phil, you've fitted boilers before and I'm guessing you're not GSR. Your details have been passed onto Gas safe as a rogue landlord. Now stop messing about with stuff before you kill someone

Rogue landlord, Far from it I get electrical checks when I am not ment to by law and energy performance certificates which alot forget about plus I have not installed a boiler.

Well done Lee just read his other posts and your spot on.

hope you get banned and don't kill anyone you muppet

I have never installed anything gas on a boiler, is this not allowed, the water side of it which is allowed as far as I am concerned.

I have never installed anything gas on a boiler, is this not allowed, the water side of it which is allowed as far as I am concerned.

Well as far as gas safe is concerned that is gas work

Get a grip and stop playing with gas. I want to say many things but I've already been warned on here

Your a DIYer and have no clue of basic plumbing. You don't even know what a filling loop is. So how the he'll do you know enough to install a boiler

Can't wait for hse to knock your door

I've always thought this sort of thing is whats daft about this & other forums.

Us GSR installers spend all day every day trying to earn a crust & then come home in the evenings & tell Joe Soap DIYer or Cowboy plumber how to do our job & undercut us or just work illegally !

Why on earth can't some sort of system be put in place whereby we all have to prove Gas Safe membership before we can access the gas part of the forum & any gas related posts on other forums get deleted or bumped onto the gas forum.

You wouldn't get a solicitor or an accountant answering questions related to their professions on a forum would you ? We are cutting our own throats lads !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Just to check the boiler dial is on hot water...
Replies
Views
I
Ian Following on from the above, you say "It...
Replies
Views
Have you read the installation bumf (See...
Replies
Views
Which Vaillant boiler is it?
Replies
Views
I don't believe moving the manual lever over...
Replies
Views
Back