thermostat regulations! | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss thermostat regulations! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

did a job for one of my contractors today who asked me to change 2 emersion heaters on a cylinder.
turned up at property and the electrician was there doing some work necessary to issue a saftey certificate.
i asked him which heater didnt work and he replied 'both of them work':sosp: he then went on to say that there is no thermal cut-out to the stat and there is a plastic header tank which could cause tank to buckle due to high heat!:bobby:. so off i went to at least 4 merchants to source thermal cut-out stats each of them telling me they had them in stock over the phone only to find NONE of them had cut-outs on them:ack2:.
finally ended up at City electrical factors who stocked a shelf full of them:rolleyes2:.

have i missed owt here and everyone else is aware of this requirement a all 4 merchants looked at me gone out as i felt like i was on a trip for a long stand:nono:
feckknows why he didnt just do them himself!!

Last edited by a moderator:
yes its a must to have a thermal cut out and prob couldnt get them out / didn't want to :D

City do have their own suppliers mainly under their CEFCO brand but mainly use third party companies

cant understand why there not all conforming after all, its only a little button!
and plumb center dont even have them stocked!!!

I thought all of them had thermal cut outs now. Because if you buy cheap ones they just trip all the time!

they probably al had them but those behind the counter didnt know.............. they prevent boiled babies!

they probably al had them but those behind the counter didnt know.............. they prevent boiled babies!

i'll get the carrots!

nope, they bought one out off the shelf and no stat on it! but, if you buy the whole emersion they were installed!!

All the new ones have them built in now.

All the new ones have them built in now.

thats why i have never questioned it, you go to merchant-buy and fit!
only thing is 3 of my local merchants dont stock the ones that have the cut-outs in all the ranges, unless their palming off old stocks? one merchant called me into the stores and from about 40 on the shelf only 5 3 foot ones from heatrae had them included!
so NO, not all the 'new' ones have them.is it allowed?

thermal cutouts are all built in and have been for some years

thermal cutouts are all built in and have been for some years
not around here mark by the looks of it.
had a word with one of the buyers who doubted me saying they supposed to have tco's. told me where they came from and the supplier (wholesaler) supplies most merchants in notts!
he said he is going to question them about it.

thats why i have never questioned it, you go to merchant-buy and fit!
only thing is 3 of my local merchants dont stock the ones that have the cut-outs in all the ranges, unless their palming off old stocks? one merchant called me into the stores and from about 40 on the shelf only 5 3 foot ones from heatrae had them included!
so NO, not all the 'new' ones have them.is it allowed?

I'm really surprised you can still get them without them in, without being patronising, some of the cut outs are hard to spot. Teeny little things in the stars themselves. Where's Ray when you need him?

not around here mark by the looks of it.
had a word with one of the buyers who doubted me saying they supposed to have tco's. told me where they came from and the supplier (wholesaler) supplies most merchants in notts!
he said he is going to question them about it.

at least 5 years down here

I'm really surprised you can still get them without them in, without being patronising, some of the cut outs are hard to spot. Teeny little things in the stars themselves. Where's Ray when you need him?

we took one out the box and inspected it and there was nothing.
on the heatrae box (which had them installed), there was an EN number which the others didnt have on any of the labels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks very much! Gets me off the hook! Let...
Replies
Views
Thanks, I think I'll warn him it might be bad...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If there both on together eg not using one as...
Replies
Views
Reading this ordeal is like watching a horror...
Replies
Views
Nest setup hi John can you send me a pic of...
Replies
Views
Jamone B
J
Back