thermostat to fit to 12 year old Glow worm compact 100e is it possible? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss thermostat to fit to 12 year old Glow worm compact 100e is it possible? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jillian

Hi all,
I have a glow worm compact 100e with an On/Timer/Off controller which is about 12 years old but works fine; now I am going out to work as well I need to have a more efficient way of controlling boiler when not in.
Is there a thermostat that I or the plumber can fit to turn boiler off when desired temperture is reached instead of always using the on/off or timer setting.
Is this possible on a 12 year old boiler.
Regards Jillian

Hi jillian welcome to the forum.

Yes you can add a thermostat to your system. Get a local heating engineer to give you a quote.

Hi JTS,
Yes ,I am asking about room thermostat: on !2 year old Glow worm.
Any thoughts welcome
regards Jllian

Not a problem, you could even fit an RF unit if its difficult to run wires !

Usually a simple job to wire in depending on distance to location of new thermostat about £15 including cable plus £50 labour, double + that if the route / location adds to the time.

That could be a reason to fit a Radio "RF" link about £70 plus the installation fee of about £50 but due to reliability and batteries that need changing, which in the long term has put many off.
Best to fit, digital thermostats wired with motorised valves for heating and Hot water, but that is moving on to another improvement.
Most electricians can also do this wiring job, to the required regulations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear All
Thank you all for input and Help. appreciated.
Regards Jillian

Dear All,
thanks to all for input and helpappreciated.
Regards Jillan

I'm sorry, but this forum cannot and will not "lay upon you the secret of man's red fire"...

I'd like to point out that most heating technicians can also fit a room stat!!!!!!!

And I thought you only got an...oooo with Typhoo......regards Turnpin:26:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I will have to experiment like you said and...
Replies
Views
Hi Have a Glow worm Flexicom 30cx-Installed...
Replies
Views
Thanks for this, much appreciated. Andrew
Replies
Views
Well I seem to have solved the problem from...
Replies
Views
A decent water pressure and flow will be...
Replies
Views
Back