thermostatic mixing valve madness | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss thermostatic mixing valve madness in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tbxr

Hi all

had some new horne 15 tmvs fitted which were set and left on 41 c but for some reason the temperature will not hold within +/- 1c. The temperature always raises up to 43-44~ after adjusting back to 41 with allen key. I have adjusted the tmv back to 41 for a few days in a row and the temperature holds while testing but when i come back the next day this is not the case. This is happening on quite a few new tmvs throughout the property (5 story building)

Is there any explanation for this or anything I can do except from setting them well below the 41c requirement?

many thanks

Check the strainers and if needed clean.
Are the hot/cold pressures balanced? If they are wildly different this can cause problems.
Is this a house or commercial property? If the later make sure you have fitted tmv 3 valves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

M
Based on the information in post #1, my guess...
Replies
Views
Personally, I've found you have to be very...
Replies
Views
Welder
W
S
As I said above that is not included in my...
Replies
Views
sargan
S
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
Thanks Vee You are absolutely right. Sometimes...
Replies
Views
Back