thermostatic power switch controlled from temperature of hot water pipe | Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss thermostatic power switch controlled from temperature of hot water pipe in the Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's area at Plumbers Forums

T

tayloa17

hiya,

Is there such a thing as a thermostatic power switch controlled from the temperature of water inside a pipe? If so what is this called, and who if any produces this?

Context is i'm exploring the idea of a hot water supply system which consists of two parts:

1. main supply: unvented hot water cylinder
2. back-up supply: instantaneous electric heater

For this to work, the two systems would operate in series, with the "hot" output from the main supply feeding the cold input of the backup supply. For safety, the latter backup supply would be controlled with a switch (fail-safe OFF) which would be activated (ON) only if the input temperature drops below (say) 20 degrees, ie if the main supply has run out or is switched off.

Any info or suggestions welcome.

Thanks!

So you want to get a unit that has a flow rate in excess of 30 l/min and throttle it down through an instantaneous electric water heater to 5 or 6 litres a minute. Great idea you should patent it.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks Ben-Gee - thats a good idea! But...
Replies
Views
  • Question
They need to hold there g3 certificate eg...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you and from what my neighbours have...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I'm with Chuck, it may be the shower passing...
Replies
Views
Back