Thermostatic shower controlling hw in house | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Thermostatic shower controlling hw in house in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

hi all

I have a thermostatic shower in my bathroom. we have to keep the shower set at a certain point. if we turn the temp one way the hot water for the whole house becomes cold and we turn it too far the other way the shower becomes too hot

Any ideas as to why the shower seems to be controlling the hw temp for the whole house.

House is 3 storey, with condensing boiler and ventilated cylinder

any advice welcome

Yep.

Sounds like the shower could be fed from the vented hot water and mains cold water.

Really needs to be fed from tanked cold water to equalise the pressures, plus double check valves fitting to prevent what is happening.

If you are lucky you might get a pressure reducing valve on the mains cold supply and get it adjusted to somewhere close. Still with double check valves though.
[automerge]1577654270[/automerge]
Sorry bud, misread your first post on the unventilated water tank.

Showers goosed, needs replacing. Still think the double check valves are required though

👍👍

Last edited:
Upvote 0
f
Yep.

Sounds like the shower could be fed from the vented hot water and mains cold water.

Really needs to be fed from tanked cold water to equalise the pressures, plus double check valves fitting to prevent what is happening.

If you are lucky you might get a pressure reducing valve on the mains cold supply and get it adjusted to somewhere close. Still with double check valves though.
thanks for that

your correct hw comes from cylinder and all my cold is mains fed. 2 questions - check valves on both hot and cold water and if I can fit the pressure reducing valve do I fit it on the section running up to the shower. finally what's the option of I cant fit the pressure reducing valve
[automerge]1577655004[/automerge]
Yep.

[automerge]1577654270[/automerge]
Sorry bud, misread your first post on the unventilated water tank.

Showers goosed, needs replacing. Still think the double check valves are required though

👍👍
thanks this is appreciated.

the hw is unventilated and not ventilated assume that doesn't make a difference.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Unfortunately that would be me :) . My first...
Replies
Views
  • Question
This might be of interest...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Can you measure that flowrate with the shower...
Replies
Views
  • Question
This question, word for word, has already been...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Sounds like boiler flow switch. Had the exact...
Replies
Views
Back