Thermostatic valve for DHW | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Thermostatic valve for DHW in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

derekhandforth

I am having a new pressured DHW tank fitted and I asked the plumber to fit a thermostatic valve to prevent scalding at the taps.

He says that they are a waste of time as they only allow water to 42 deg which his customers find too cold for a bath.

Are there any that allow about 55 deg, and where can it be purchased.

DHW Thermostatic valve.

I want my plumber to fit a thermostatic valve to a new pressure DHW tank. He say no as they only allow 42 deg and his customers say it is too cold for a bath.

Are there any that allow up to 55 deg, and where can it be bought.

Thanks

Derek, they are all adjustable, if they are under a bath they can be a git to fit that's probably why he doesnt want to fit one. Get one from a merchants, loads available, there is a load of cheap crap on ebay leave them alone

The one I saw was a Danfoss: TVM-W that fits at the tank.

But can't find it being sold anywhere.

A TMV at the cylinder should not be set to less than 55 to prevent the spread of the legionella bacteria. Even this may be on the low side as hot water at a temperature of 50C should reach the outlet within 1 minute. If you want temperatures lower than this you will have to look at point of use temperature control.

You can get blending valves that are designed to be fitted by your cylinder. They are used on solar installs a lot (Google solar tempering valve). Tmv's are for point of use as suggested by others, and should be as close to the tap as possible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Have you got a photo of the sink at the...
Replies
Views
Yes, for 20p it'll save the mess and you can...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I can’t see why not guess they don’t like...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The water should come out no hotter than the...
Replies
Views
Back