Thermostatic valve plumbed wrong way round | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Thermostatic valve plumbed wrong way round in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi

I have a thermostatic shower valve which has the hot water plugged into the right side and the cold into the left (resulting in scalding hot or freezing cold water), what would be the quickest way to resolved this issue, I have attached pic behind plasterboard ( shower side is tiled over )

Thanks
Zain

Attachments

• IMG-20220918-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20220918-WA0002.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG-20220915-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20220915-WA0000.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 34
Just cross the supplies from the rear where you have access.

You’ll have to alter the tee to, which at the moment is off the cold and could possibly become hot if you’re not careful….

Is there anything in the instructions that states orientation can be altered?

I don't have an instruction manual for it I'm afraid as I purchased the house and there was no manual left behind

Just cross the supplies from the rear where you have access.

You’ll have to alter the tee to, which at the moment is off the cold and could possibly become hot if you’re not careful….

Sorry I'm not an expert with these things but I was thinking of just drilling 2 holes or just notch out the wood and put 2 plastic pipes, disconnect the right tee and swivel left and connect to plastic pipe and then onto shower and then hot water left pipe connect to other plastic pipe and then onto right side of shower via elbows?

That’s the right idea, however there may not be enough room behind the tee, once you have swivelled it to the left, to fit the elbow you will need for the other pipe.

So a bit more re-routing may be required- just depends how much play there is in the existing pipework.
Don’t strain anything too much or it will leak in the future, better to redo a bit more pipework now.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
That seems insane that different towns/cities...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks - you're right, we had a plumber round...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You need a mcalpine V33WM, the site won't let...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Unfortunately that would be me :) . My first...
Replies
Views
  • Question
A skilled gas engineer should not need to...
Replies
Views
Back