Thermostatic valve problem for bath and shower | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Thermostatic valve problem for bath and shower in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi

I have an in-wall thermostatic shower value set of an unknown brand. The thermostatic valve in the middle is no longer constrained by the lung internally so I can wind it out for what are boiling showers, also to get cold water I need to turn clockwise until its actually home, pressing the red plastic lug occasionally to get it over the stop bit, as it's not smooth it takes a bit of strength, so much my wife asks me to do it. I dont know much about in-wall thermostatic values and how to maintain them, what's my best option?

The right tap fills the bath with an infill tap and the right is the shower.

Look forward to receiving your opinions!!

diy_m

Attachments

• 20210625_151937 (1).jpg
    20210625_151937 (1).jpg
    464.6 KB · Views: 28
You need a new thermostatic cartridge. For that, you likely need to know the brand.

However, if you’re a bit handy, get the water off, remove the cartridge. Take some photos and there are a couple of good places that will likely be able to ID the cartridge and hopefully provide a spare.

Upvote 0
You need a new thermostatic cartridge. For that, you likely need to know the brand.

However, if you’re a bit handy, get the water off, remove the cartridge. Take some photos and there are a couple of good places that will likely be able to ID the cartridge and hopefully provide a spare.
Great response Timmy D, will post some photos of the barrel tomorrow!!

Many thanks.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

T
  • Question
I am redoing my bathroom and not sure what the...
Replies
Views
Thermostatic shower
T
T
Replies
Views
  • Question
Sounds like boiler flow switch. Had the exact...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Many thanks, Ben-gee - that's very useful...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
J
  • Question
Hi, did you ever solve this problem? You...
Replies
Views
Back