This thread is just about sausages | USA Plumbers Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss This thread is just about sausages in the USA Plumbers Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Now I have your attention (we're not really meant to draw attention to ads, let alone tell people to ad-block, so excuse the title of the thread) I just wanted to say that we're ad-heavy at the moment while we wait for shops to open and advertisers to start advertising online again. Online advertising revenue dropped instantly in Feb/March and still hasn't really come back up much. Lost around 75% of monthly income.

On the flipside, if you advertise online right now, it's really bloody cheap and you'll get loads of visitors for a couple of pence per click whether it's on Facebook, Twitter or Google. All have dropped.

Anyway, due to this, we've had to go ad-heavy across all our forums. Whether logged in or out. It'll change eventually but I doubt it'll be this side of Christmas.

So with that in mind, any of you reading this, and anybody you speak to who's a member on here (or not and just a visitor) - please feel free to activate ad-blockers on our sites.

If you're the type of person who doesn't click the ads anyway, it actually loses us revenue by you viewing them. So it's okay to activate ad-blockers. :)

Spread the word.

Cheers.

(p.s. feel free to subscribe though, that also removes all ads https://www.tilersforums.com/account/upgrades )

Dan, if I click on an ad does it create a bit of revenue which you can spend on keeping the website going? I've owned and run six websites/forums (not these days) which were ad free as I was able to afford them via other means but have been told by other webmasters that they were getting something like a penny-a-click which gave them around £1,000 a month. These were high individual visitor sites as well as thousands of regulars so I probably missed a trick there.

What I'm asking is; if I follow an ad link does it create revenue which is helpful for the upkeep of the site? If that's the case then it'd be no problem for me to click on four or five each time I visit. I used to offer access/membership to the equivelent of The Plumbers Arms for £5 lifetime access and all of those PayPal payments went on much needed bandwidth.

In short... would you like us to click on a few advert links now and again?😊

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I never have, but if it were a decent place...
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
R
Hey all, apologies for the long post: I've...
Replies
Views
richardc1983
R
Back