Thorn M44/54B questions on the system | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Thorn M44/54B questions on the system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bigred

Hi guys, ive been asked to look at a Thorn M44/54B with a view for pricing to replace with a condensing Combi, its a bit before my time so I'm looking for advice on what to look for before I price (or go to look at it). 1. will I be able to link straight into the central heating circuit flow and return with the new unit? or will I need to remove / cap F & E and inlet etc? (I,m told there is a pump on the central heating Flow) 2. cust says that the upstairs radiators get warm when boiler on for hot water? (Ive asked if there is a cylinder thermostat fitted but apparently not) possible cause?
any advice on the type of system installed with this boiler etc. would be much appreciated (Ive looken at the scant M.I. on the discontinued models but dont want to end up with a headache by not realising what system I'm up against) Thanks

realy if you need to ask these questions you may be taking on to much
youll have to remove f&e tank vent pipes cold feed cylinder pump motorised valves cws tank reconect downservice as well as hot water

Stevetheplumber says it all, depending on age of system it will need a good power flush or replacement of radiators , check size of gas supply , water pressure and flow rate, is heating on a one or two pipe system ? check pipe size on heating system , will excisting pipe-work be-able to withstand pressurized system, pipe-work from boiler to cylinder will need altering, May be good idea to ask someone who as got more experence to give you a hand on this one !, :innocent:

Thanks Guys, as usual I have misuderstood the problem, having spoke to customer there is a lot more to the job, i.e. new bathroom, removal of the existing tanks moving and new radiators etc. which are being undertaken by a local plumbing firm and i'm not involved in any of that so i'm not holding my breath

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Red circles show my new AAVs and the manual...
Replies
Views
200% won’t be the reason the cylinder isn’t...
Replies
Views
hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
L
Replies
Views
  • Question
Sealed system now holding pressure get a...
Replies
Views
Back