Those of you who install boilers... | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Those of you who install boilers... in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
I get usually 1 or 2 calls a week regarding boiler installs / probs - I don't do this kind of work. I know a couple of reputable local firms that I usually refer the customer to. Just wondered whether it might be able to sell those leads. There are companies who sell leads so obviously there must be people who would buy them. I know a guy who tried various schemes to sell the leads he didn't want but none seemed to work out (very busy jobbing plumber - lots of calls about work he preferred not to do.) People would initially agree something like a tenner a lead - providing work went ahead but then no money would ever arrive so he'd stop passing them on.

At the moment (not been in business long) it's probably hardly worth the bother but I can only imagine when I get busier I may well end up with quite a few calls a week that aren't things I deal with. Anyone ever managed to successully sell leads? Or, if you were the kind of person who would be interested in buying leads, what sort of system would you feel confident / happy with? If at all...

Another thought I suppose would be to swap leads. So say a guy who turns down small jobs because he mainly does system installs full time would swap those leads of small jobs he turns down for my leads I turn down.

I reckon you got it in your last paragraph, I dont sell or buy leads but I pass on work I cant/dont want to do to other local plumbers I know and they pass on what they dont want to me, helps to smooth out the peaks and troughs of work.

If I get work passed onto me through other tradesmen, I always look to pass work onto them or if I havnt done that for a while I normally just add a little bit onto the price of the job so they can have a drink out of it.

When I get powerflushes passed on to me...if I do the job I always give the person who got me the job 50quid...but I always add on a drink for the fella for other work. I find its always good the feed the hand that feeds you and not bite the hand that feeds you.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

its the hassle of getting the experience to do the ACS now as he will be viewed as a competitor, to be honest I haven't had to turn down a job yet as I do plumbing/heating/gas but I would find it very annoying to say the least, I had to work hard to get my gas as I worked for a company who didnt do much domestic gas, so I was doing homers at weekends with my uncle just to get my gas, would of rathered that getting it for nowt at college than having to go through all the hassle and paying for it later on in life!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks very much! Gets me off the hook! Let...
Replies
Views
Turned out to be a dirty flame eye inside the...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello Sergiu I would use it, but it's hard to...
Replies
Views
W
Or £50 for an indemnity policy.
Replies
Views
Back