Thought plumbers were expensive. | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Thought plumbers were expensive. in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fogarty

Just got back from vets , ten minutes £76 ! Takes me a day and a bit to earn that. That's £456 a hour. I know, overheads, pension, holidays we all keep saying it. All you plumbing wannabes train to be a vet.

I feel your pain... And say the exact thing to myself! My cat keeps going to the vet, every time I go I'm in & out within 5 minutes and its always at least 60 quid a pop!

I bet customers don't stab at the vets like they do when a plumber asks for 60 quid!, for that we have to drive to the vet also! At least plumbers come to us...

Just got back from vets , ten minutes £76 ! Takes me a day and a bit to earn that. That's £456 a hour. I know, overheads, pension, holidays we all keep saying it. All you plumbing wannabes train to be a vet.

Could do a lot worse My old Dog costover three grand to treat we had insurance that took us up to 2500 so we still had to find another 500+ still for what we got out of Her it was money well spent :Dregards turnpin

Could do a lot worse My old Dog costover three grand to treat we had insurance that took us up to 2500 so we still had to find another 500+ still for what we got out of Her it was money well spent :Dregards turnpin

glad your dogs okay! How can they justify 3k operations :eek:mg_smile:

They charge you £60 for stepping in the vets even if your in and out in 5 mins.

Got our rabbit's nuts cut off which cost £80 including staying at the vets overnight and a post-op check up. I found that quite reasonable.

Oh and they even clipped his claws.

Last edited:
Got our rabbit's nuts cut off which cost £80 including staying at the vets overnight and a post-op check up. I found that quite reasonable.

Oh and they even clipped his claws.

you could of bought a ferret for £20!!!

any way it takes 9 years to become a vet or 9 months on a fast track.lol

you could of bought a ferret for £20!!!

any way it takes 9 years to become a vet or 9 months on a fast track.lol
But I don't want a ferret, didn't even want this little carrot muncher. Found it abandoned and looking quite ill so brought it home and nursed it back to health - because I'm a mug for animal well-being.

rats are cool used to have them as a kid you can teach them all sort of tricks and are really tame

I used to keep horses and paying vets bills for even minor things was the equivalent of paying a mortgage. Farriers too who shoe horses were on good money too. Sometimes think why the hell do I do this trade. I'm sitting here crippled, have had surgery 4 times in a year and going in again next week for more, for what? Just so that someone gets a nice new bathroom.
Rant over.

You're paying for their expertise. Would you feel better if you were there for a hour? ;)

Btw, was it a BG vet?

I hope your vet was GSR....Gerbil Safe Registered. Can't have illegal gerbil work on the forum or Croppie will be in tears posting his non GSR blurb. :cry_smile:

glad your dogs okay! How can they justify 3k operations :eek:mg_smile:

Alas she`s no longer with us she was about 15 years old the surgery gave us another year and a half treated her for a lump that came up under neck so everyone thought cancer so after biopsie`s tests and operations they found it was a grass seed apparently they can work their way around the body and the vet who found it gave it to us in a small container it was hard to believe that a little thing like that could cause all the problem`s regards turnpin:35:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
They can stick quite easily, try a spray with...
Replies
Views
Thanks, I shall take a look in that case and...
Replies
Views
Bit late to the show but I would have beeen...
Replies
Views
G
  • Question
Ever wondered why your RV experiences a drop...
Replies
Views
Back