Tightness test on a service | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Tightness test on a service in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

villa_tom

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I have to do a service on a gas fire tomorrow and I have been to look at the job this afternoon as it is on my road. My question is do you have to do a tightness test if I am only servicing the gas fire.

I normally do drop tests on all service's but the blokes meter is in the cellar and there is no lighting in the at the moment - I would prefer to do one just for piece of mind but is it a requirement.

The paperwork I use to give the customer has a box for a drop test result but it all has n/a next to it:confused:

not if you dont break any gas train,but be it on your head if a leak occurs in the future and its against good practice not to,personally i would test,then you know its a 100% safe

I always do to be honest but this one is a bugger to do. I'd feel alot better about leaving the job if I did one. I think I'll have to get my free standing lighting out the garage:mad: It may add a tenner onto the job though:cool:

Why is it all the jobs you do for people you know turn out to be a mare?

go with you on the spiders there tom,
i have a nice scar on my left calf from a tropical species, nearly killed me.lol.
anything bigger than money spider i get the wife now...

go with you on the spiders there tom,
i have a nice scar on my left calf from a tropical species, nearly killed me.lol.
anything bigger than money spider i get the wife now...

Horrible things they are - saw one in a meter box today it was massive - though it was going to nick my manometer

use your air duster spray ....last year worked on cancel contract and in one house they had cockroaches ....my super fire 2 did good job

Just got back from the job - did my two drop tests and got covered in cobwebs. Just put my free standing light up and used my torch. AR'd the fire though so got to go back in the week to put right

my mates in oz the now, posted a picture of a spider, thats what you call a spider ! thing was flexing its muscles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I do two services stnd and a 5 yearly strip...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Absolute cock & bull from SGN, think about...
Replies
Views
Methane propane butane molecules smaller than...
Replies
Views
Sensocomfort with outside temp sensor. RF or...
Replies
Views
Back