Tile board sealing and leaks | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Tile board sealing and leaks in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

My plumber fitted a shower, 2 of the walls are glass panels and one is a tile board (wedi board). He joint the wedi board pieces (3 pieces) close to each other but didn't use any joint sealant. When I asked him whether this will be an issue for future leaks he dismissed it. How worried should I be? The wall made of the tile board will have the water tap and shower head on it so water will be moving away from it however it will still get wet from splashback and steam running down the walls. I understand that his installation is not as per manufacturer's instructions but the wall has now been tiled with 500£ worth of tiles so I am trying to establish how much of an issue his short cut will be.
To make things worse he grouted the tiles on the same day that he installed them.

I wouldn't worry. The fact he's used a decent water proof board is 10x better than the majority of installations. The openings where taps and stuff are will all be sealed and steam won't get behind unless you treat it like a sauna.

If he's used a decent tile adhesive then grouting the same day is fine also

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
There might be some broken glass on there. Try...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks Ben for the quick reply and feedback so...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Not to dampen your enthusiasm for a job well...
2 3
Replies
Views
  • Question
I'd use thermopanel tile backer insulation...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Much easier than that is to replace your bath...
Replies
Views
Back