TilersForums 2.0 - Come read about it, and be part of it, for free! | Tiling Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss TilersForums 2.0 - Come read about it, and be part of it, for free! in the Tiling Advice area at Plumbers Forums

TilersForums 2.0 - Come read about it, and be part of it, for free!

Hi everybody,

I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick test site here: tilerstalk.co.uk/forums/tilersforums-2-0-test-forum.411/ (now running live on tilersforums.com)

All forums tend to be on the cliquey side, its in their nature. New members may appear less knowledgable because they're not contributing as much when in fact they could be an expert in a certain area of the industry.

So I've tried to come up with a way to include all companies, in a fair and balanced way.

In the sidebar on the test site you will see several brands, and each one links to their forum profile. I'll build up 15-20 of the main companies, and they're all welcome to have a forum account (if they don't already have one), or several if they'd like to have News posted under one account and support under another for example.

The new forum system means a brand doesn't need to get involved in each individual thread because when 'trigger words' are typed in the first post of any thread then the forum automatically adds a footnote to the bottom of the thread.

You can see examples of that by clicking on any of the threads in the test forum: tilerstalk.co.uk/forums/tilersforums-2-0-test-forum.411/ (now running live on the main domain)

One thread can trigger several footnotes, and the page will change and equally share those views per page change. So if 2 footnotes (or brands) are triggered then those two share 50% of the total pageviews each.

News can then be posted to the forum under a brand, and when that brand is mentioned in a forum thread, the news will be linked to automatically, for example. But not just news, anything can be put into a brands footnote. So current advertising campaign, company contact details, web address or support system. Or they can contain just a link to the forum profile too.

At the moment Dan needs to setup these footnotes for a brand, this can't be done under your forum account. But in planned future versions of this we will be allowing members to edit...

Read more

TilersForums 2.0 - Come read about it, and be part of it, for free! for more information

You may reply to this message here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Similar plumbing topics

Again, ongoing thanks. I'll have to get to my...
Replies
Views
Intergas. Now available at the very reasonable...
Replies
Views
Masood
M
Bump. Did contact a "new" Coventry company...
Replies
Views
P
Hope to be living the French way next year!
Replies
Views
Back