time for me to ask about boilers | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss time for me to ask about boilers in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Billy Bob Bob

:confused:the baxi 105 replacements on its way its based on the band a main 30 ,now i was not to fussed on this when invited to a trade day,but the duotec/gold/heatmax is to dear as a budget boiler so does anyone else fit these and how reliable are they? looking for a contract spec baxi to replace the 105he for the likes of landlords etc

hi gas man is this the same as the main eco - had air vents weep and diverters vibrating on these if its the same

ant

looks the same as the main eco its on parts arena at the moment but not launched yet

hi gas man i wanted to ask if you could recommend any books on combi fault finding - i am ok with most aspects and good using a multimeter and ok on heat only boilers but struggle a bit with combis and air press switches and problems like diverter and flow issues never sure if its diverter or a blockage.

thanks ant

Over the last year I've fitted 14 Main 30 Eco's and about 7 or 8 25 Eco's and so far (touch wood) the only problem that I ve had has been with the Tower RF stat / prog that I used to use. I have been quite impressed so far.

hi gas man i wanted to ask if you could recommend any books on combi fault finding - i am ok with most aspects and good using a multimeter and ok on heat only boilers but struggle a bit with combis and air press switches and problems like diverter and flow issues never sure if its diverter or a blockage.

thanks ant
tbh would not know which books to use,but if your unsure come and ask on here the more faults you see/repair the more you will gain experience

tbh would not know which books to use,but if your unsure come and ask on here the more faults you see/repair the more you will gain experience

I do oil instead of gas and what I find it generally oil boilers are so flamin' reliable that they hardly ever break down so there's not much experienced to be gained and when they do break down I spend much time scratching my head and drinking coffee* with the customer while my pea brain is trying to work out which bit to replace.

* Don't need sugar because if I scratch hard enough the dandruff falls into the coffee ...

What about the Ideal logic range ? I am sure you will find these do fit the bill

there,s nothing gasman ,av been fitting the heatmax as a rule,but for landlords av been going for the forroli optimax cos its got a 5 yr guarentee plus having a chat with a bloke i no he said there ok but the best of a bad bunch and he doesnt get many comebacks he,s also a repair engineers for most of the companys also another bloke i done my gas with has fitted them for yrs and av not been to any with him to fix altho i dont like them theres nothing else ,wouldnt fit any other forroli except optimax plus was told if you right the fga on the burner case they no its fitted right so dont get any hassle when owt does go wrong

We all know that since the classic Ideal have been absolute rubbish. and we all know how rubbish.
Its the same old story once folk are scored they are put off the obvious but the logic is a different unit in comparison.
I have fitted loads - system and combi and they have give me no trouble at all

i went on the logic training and was impressed with the boiler how easy it is to work on but there is something in my mind that still stops me fitting them -it must be the hassles with the icos and issar the jury is outfor me on this untill i hear better reports

ant

i've been on the logic training day. was also impressed by how easy they are to work on. i do think they have had to up their game. christ they couldn't do any worse than an isar.

but i have a axe,with remains of ideals splatted over it,i hate them with a vengeance have spent hours repairing icos/isar the other tat they make,i do hope for there sakes they have changed because they wont be around for long if they dont

i went on the logic training and was impressed with the boiler how easy it is to work on

This is ideal all over,Domestic boilers now unreliable and hard to work on,only capable of correcting the hard to work on bit,wipeeeee

imho

Vaillant ecotech pro range. maybe why I don't get ,many landlords or cheapskates. I fit a fair few and give 5 year warranties, never been back to one yet.

i have fitted alot of the eco 25 and 30's and if baxi are starting to use this boiler then u wont have many problems, i havnt been back to any of mine for major faults, they are great for the money, they are defo my boiler of choice for landlords or people on a budget, my top of range boiler im still undecided on stick with wb at the min

We have fitted over 100 Mains in the last 5 years or so including the Eco combi, the old b rated combi, the old heat only open vent boiler, the new a rated version and their system Eco and they are now our first choice whereas it used to be Worcester and before Main was just our budjet option.

Main have been more reliable, are very popular around here and they're easy to sell being built in UK with 2 year guarantee.
Their after sales is great and the reps the best I have dealt with, try for yourself and see.

Now if somebody wanted a real top end boiler then I would probably consider the upmarket Baxi's due to their stainless heat exchanger but to date the Mains hasn't faulted us yet! Only replaced diaphragms on the old b rated combi's.

We will have fitted 2 Main HE A's and 2 Eco combi's in April alone by the end of the week, I know this sounds like a sales pitch but if Baxi's alternative is as good them then I wouldn't hesitate to install one if I were you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

J
A gas engineer with respect and quality will...
Replies
Views
Mark Butler
M
Like you say more or less the same only one...
Replies
Views
(I would have thought an alternative to...
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
L
Thanks for that,it gives me a rough idea to be...
Replies
Views
Luke2611
L
Back