Tips for attaching Qualpex to GunBarrel | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Tips for attaching Qualpex to GunBarrel in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi, I want to move two radiators and they are currently on GunBarrel pipe (i think, see attached pic "GunBarrel pic").
I understand I need to unscrew the existing pipe and screw in an adapter fitting to connect qualpex, then route this to the new rad. (see the "planned pipe" pic for what i'm planning)

Are there any tips for removing this old pipe? it looks fairly rusted, do i just hang out of it with a pipe wrench? I've sprayed a load of wd40 and will let that soak.

Any tips would be really appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• GunBarrel Pipe.jpg
    GunBarrel Pipe.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 41
  • planned pipe.jpg
    planned pipe.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 34
Drain down

If they won’t unscrew apply some heat eg blowtorch

Will be 1/2

A good pair of grips or Stilson are a must makes life easier

Perhaps 2 pairs of whatever you're using, one to turn, one to hold against. Need to open plenty of space to get tools on.
Multi tool will help you get the tongues off the t+g or circ saw - very carefulling!

Similar plumbing topics

That looks like oil fit twin. Insides plastic...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Depends on the length of the flexi on the new...
Replies
Views
I ended up just going with same level...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The want of a secondary return is primarily to...
Replies
Views
Well persevered, it is always worth the extra...
Replies
Views
Back