Tmv on secondary return pipework | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Tmv on secondary return pipework in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

S

sheff paul

Looking at a refurb job with limited space for fitting tmv under each basin,Architect speced tmv in cylinder cupboard,but the HW is on a pumped secondary.Didnt think you could have a Tmv on the secondary pipework...

No as you still have unmixed hot water bypassing the tmv unless you mix the sr hot I don't see a point

The Tmv is drawn on top of the unvented cylinder and the secondary feeds back into the incoming cold back into the cylinder

Sorry miss read thought he wanted the tmv on the sr, the only issue I can see if there are any outlets far away the water might not be upto temp at the far outlets so you might have to up it at tmv so then the close outlets become over temp

yes its for all outlets, only about 15 metres to the furthest outlet,secondary speced as the taps are only low flow rate so wait is minimal for HW

I'm pretty sure there is a maximum distance from outlet to Tmv and I think it's a lot less than 15 metres

Gonna check it out mate,i think your right,not sure it needs tmv fitted as it is low risk,and the disabled toilets have tmv type mixers anyway

I'm pretty sure there is a maximum distance from outlet to Tmv and I think it's a lot less than 15 metres

Isn't it somthing like under 2m ?

BEAMA are the scheme people now, quick look says for group water that you need to have the mixed temp at the outlet in less than 30 seconds, I presume then that with a secondary return this would be achievable

Course next problem is temp running round under 45oC there is legionella risk factor, which is why they were originally fitted very close to the outlet.

so having a TMV on top of the unvented feeding all the outlets, and being returned back to the cylinder

What about legionella of the pipwork to the outlets

might bin the tmv,and have HW running round the secondary at cylinder temp,Doc m toilets are sorted anyway,and advise responsible person about fitting hazard signs 'Hot water'

Just read that again. Do away with the tmv altogether. Install secondary as usual. Install thermostatic mixer tap at basin.

Chin the idiotic architect.

Inta - Sequential Thermostatic Basin Mixer Taps

Cheers Croppie,the developer is a 'cheap skate' think cheap plastic basins,spring loaded taps, but it is a rave club so probably be vandalised on the first night,but do like them mixer taps though might spec em on the next job...

The abandoned Energy Saving Trust Best Practice Specification recommends a maximum dead leg volume of 1.5 litres or 10m of 15mm copper pipe. Similar figures have been suggested in the USA (EPA, 2008). If a standard 1.7 litre/minute spray fitting and a maximum wait of 30 seconds is assumed this gives a maximum dead leg volume of 0.85 litres or 5.9m of 15mm pipe.

Whatever you do - do it to the Regs.

If there was a legionella outbreak - all fingers will be pointed at you.
The owner, developer, architect, builder and so on will plead ignorance.

Legionella can kill and you would be held accountable.

Whatever you do - do it to the Regs.

If there was a legionella outbreak - all fingers will be pointed at you.
The owner, developer, architect, builder and so on will plead ignorance.

Legionella can kill and you would be held accountable.

wash hand basins mate ,no showers =low risk..

The abandoned Energy Saving Trust Best Practice Specification recommends a maximum dead leg volume of 1.5 litres or 10m of 15mm copper pipe. Similar figures have been suggested in the USA (EPA, 2008). If a standard 1.7 litre/minute spray fitting and a maximum wait of 30 seconds is assumed this gives a maximum dead leg volume of 0.85 litres or 5.9m of 15mm pipe.

Cheers mate,if this is the rules I am well within it

Tmv,s are normally point of use for a single fixture. Approx within a Meter of tap. You could have a blending valve at the cylinder to limit temp to 60.

wash hand basins mate ,no showers =low risk..

It doesn't matter what the fixtures the SR feeds.

If you were intending to have circulating water at a temperature less than 60 C, as specified by architect, then you would be installing a system that would be susceptible to a Legionella out break - unless you had a UV filter installed into the system.

It doesn't matter what the fixtures the SR feeds.

If you were intending to have circulating water at a temperature less than 60 C, as specified by architect, then you would be installing a system that would be susceptible to a Legionella out break - unless you had a UV filter installed into the system.

if you had read the previous thread,the tmv is coming out so the sr will be at 60 c...job done

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
There was a single tap causing the issue. We...
Replies
Views
B
  • Question
Well, I'm thinking if your HOT OUT goes in a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am in need of an experienced plumber...
Replies
Views
The user manual states that the DHW...
Replies
Views
Yep, that's what I meant (as per attached...
Replies
Views
Back