Toilet/bidet combo | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet/bidet combo in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Can anyone advise on where I can purchase a toilet/bidet combo in or locally around Northants. I can find them online but the delivery charge is extortionate. Can you also advise regarding the concealed round tap, where can I find this from separately?

Thanks

Hi all,

Can anyone advise on where I can purchase a toilet/bidet combo in or locally around Northants. I can find them online but the delivery charge is extortionate. Can you also advise regarding the concealed round tap, where can I find this from separately?

Thanks

I think that this is because they mostly don't meet UK water regs.

I usually find combo units of any kind are a PITA, like them WC/WHB ones :(

Wras regs

wras said:
[FONT=&amp]3 Advanced Notification [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]In most cases, before any proposed installation starts, the installer, owner or occupier must obtain the water supplier’s consent by giving advanced notice of the work. This applies to water system installations in connection with any of the following:[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]• [/FONT] [FONT=&amp]The erection of any new building or structure.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]• [/FONT] [FONT=&amp]The extension or alteration of the water system in any premises except a domestic dwelling.#[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]• [/FONT] [FONT=&amp]The material change in use of any premises.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]• [/FONT] [FONT=&amp]The installation of:[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]- A bidet with an ascending spray or flexible hose;#[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]- A bath larger than 230 litres (measured to the centre of the overflow);*[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]- A shower unit of a type specified by the Regulator (but none is currently specified);*[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]- A pump or booster drawing more than 12 litres per minute;[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]- A reverse osmosis unit;[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]- A water treatment unit producing a waste water discharge or requiring water for regeneration or cleaning;[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]- A reduced pressure zone (RPZ) valve or other mechanical device for protection against backflow in fluid category 4 or 5;[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]- A garden watering system unless designed to be a hand-operated one;*[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]- Any water system laid outside a building and either less than 750 mm or more than 1350 mm below ground level;[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]• [/FONT] [FONT=&amp]Construction of an automatically-replenished pond or swimming pool of more than 10,000 litres.*[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]In addition, for Northern Ireland only, notification is required for:[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]a WC with an ascending spray or flexible hose; [SUP]#[/SUP][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]a flexible shower hose or other flexible outlet for use in conjunction with a WC;[SUP] #[/SUP][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]a ‘shower-toilet’ or ‘bidet- toilet’ where, either as part of the WC itself or as an addition or adaptation of it, a stream of water is provided from below the spillover level of the WC pan for personal cleansing;[SUP] #[/SUP] [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]a pump delivery pipe drawing water from a supply pipe;[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]greywater, recycled water, reclaimed water and rainwater harvesting systems;[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]water systems for fire fighting, including domestic sprinklers.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]For notification, the following information must be sent to the local water supplier (see the phone book for the address): [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]- The name and address of the person giving notice and, if different, of the person to whom the consent should be sent.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]- A description of the proposed work and any related change of use of premises.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]- The location of the premises and their use or intended use.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]- Except for items marked (*) above, a plan of that part of the premises which relates to the proposed work and a diagram showing the pipework and fittings to be installed.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]- The plumbing contractor’s name and address, if an approved plumber is to do the work. [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Consent will not be withheld unreasonably, and may be granted subject to conditions, which must be followed. If consent is not given within ten working days, it is deemed to have been granted. This does not alter the obligation upon the installer and owner or occupier to see that the regulations are fully met.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]4 Approved Plumbers [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]An Approved Plumber will provide a certificate to state that his or her installation or maintenance work satisfies the regulations. If breaches of regulations are found in the certified work, the legal responsibility falls upon the Approved Plumber and not on the owner or occupier. Installation by an Approved Plumber of items marked (#) in the list above does not have to receive prior consent but on completion, compliance certificate copies must be sent to the water supplier, in addition to the person who asked for the work to be done. Details are available from the local water supplier of Approved Plumbers who have demonstrated their experience of plumbing work and knowledge of the regulations and have liability insurance cover.[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Apologies gmartine. The website is...
Replies
Views
Are you able to install in London?
Replies
Views
Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
Thanks. I’ve tried gently prising up the one...
Replies
Views
Back