Toilet bowl and seat problem | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet bowl and seat problem in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jhatter

I have no plumbing experience & I am after your advice and experience please.

I have a toilet seat which is very unstable and keeps slipping at the crucial moment (lets put all jokes to one side for the moment).

Although the seat is securely fixed at the back it still seems very mobile. The problem is that the rim of the toilet bowl is very narrow (an inch at it's narrowest, at the front). Because it is so narrow the pads on the seat are only 1/4 inch away from the edge, so the slightest movement and the seat descends into the bowl area. This is very annoying.

To try and resolve this I have tried different seats and I have attached additional pads onto the underside of the seat, but the problem still occurs.

Unless someone can suggest an alternative, then I think that changing the toilet bowl to one with a thicker rim is the only way to solve the problem.

So my questions are as follows:

1) Can I purchase just the bowl and not a complete toilet suite?
2) How could I pre-check that the new bowl would be compatible with the existing cistern?
3) How long would such a job take a professional, competent plumber?
4) Do you foresee any problems with trying to complete such a job?

Thank you

Yes there is nothing more turdious than a loose wc seat :D

However when replacing a wc it is a bad idea to change a pan and leave existing cistern and visa versa,the two are made for each other both physicaly and operationaly,you could end up incorrect flush through pan or over spray
A bog standard :))) complete close coupled toilet can be purchased for under £100 so it is not worth messing about with
Ring a plumber explain to him what you have now,what you what to do and he should be able to give you a rough price
Best to ask friends or family and find out if they have a plumber they could recommend

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Unfortunately some new build plumbing is not...
Replies
Views
Normally I use a piece of cardboard under the...
Replies
Views
D
I have a simple toilet, lav, shower bathroom...
  • Deleted member 113557
  • Boilers
  • Latest:
  • Deleted member 113557
Replies
Views
Deleted member 113557
D
Thanks for the chuckle. Trying really hard so...
Replies
Views
S
My moneys on baby wipes or tampons !!!
Replies
Views
Back