Toilet cistern not refilling | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet cistern not refilling in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CHills

Hello, my cistern is not refilling after each flush however there is water trickling around the toilet bowl which doesn't usually happen.

If you fill manually the flush is fine but not refilling again.

Any idea's please?

Sounds as if the valve is stuck or blocked - turn the water off and clean it, or replace.

post a picture of the inside of the cistern so we can see what valves/parts are inside.

If you top the cistern up from a bucket, and leave it full without flushing, does the water level fall?

if there is constant water running into the pan the fill valve must be letting water in which is then running straight into the pan because the flush valve isnt working correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You have a blockage somewhere. Time to call...
Replies
Views
I would cut it to the right size and glue the...
Replies
Views
Hello there Did you manage to find any parts...
Replies
Views
Or raise the cistern
Replies
Views
C
Hello My toilet flush is busted. The tank...
Replies
Views
Chris P
C
Back