Toilet Cistern Wont Stop Filling | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet Cistern Wont Stop Filling in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MartinGT

Hi Guys

I recently had a problem with my toilet filling up v slowly. I did some research and found out the diaphragm washer had split and that was the cause (or most likley).

I ordered the part off the net and in the meantime I used the isolation valvue on the toilet to stop it from filling.

I got the washer today and put it in and it appears to stop the toilet from filling via the "arm" part of the toilet, i.e at the top, the float raises and stops the water coming out. However, the toilet still fills.

After a couple of flushes and watching the toilet fill there are bubbles coming out of the bottom of the unit (apologies I dont know what its called.)

My toilet cistern inside looks like the one below.

Any advice appreciated.

Cistern.jpg

the part (the big white bit) that lets water into the bowl is passing, can you see trickles going into the bowl?.
if so, it needs adjusting so less water is entering the cistern. adjust the water level.
it is also possible the syphon valve needs replacing if not seating correctly.

Hi

Sorry, that was a picture I just found.

I have sorted it. It appears that I hadnt seated the diaphragm washer correctly, or when I screwed the bit in it moved it. I have seated it correctly now and it appears to be working.

Apologies and thanks for taking the time to look

All this information we give out ! you'd think we were running a fast track plumbing school, maybe we need to charge !lol

All this information we give out ! you'd think we were running a fast track plumbing school, maybe we need to charge !lol

I can't fault the OP, he used his brain and figured out the solution himself. Quite refreshing really.

Hi

Sorry, that was a picture I just found.

I have sorted it. It appears that I hadnt seated the diaphragm washer correctly, or when I screwed the bit in it moved it. I have seated it correctly now and it appears to be working.

Apologies and thanks for taking the time to look

that was my next suggestion assuming you had fitted it correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Good, keep a note of his number!
Replies
Views
Thank you very much. I had it round the other...
Replies
Views
I’ve checked the tank as much as I can and I...
Replies
Views
I would take a look inside the cistern, make...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
Thanks for the reply. I didn’t get a photo...
Replies
Views
Back