toilet cistern | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss toilet cistern in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nicole

hi anyone know y my toilet want flush away i just fitted a new pressure fitted cistern and it want even flush toilet paper until third flush

its a push button that pushes air through a tube to release the water

a pneumatic flush valve.
is it emptying the cistern when flushes ?
is it a dual flush or single ?

is this a complete new toilet or just a new valve you have fitted ?

it completly empties and its a single flush cistern complete new system

i've seen this on some of the foreign rubbish we get.
its the design of the pan the water spends half its time running round the rim and has no force behind it to empty the pan.

not much you can do if its emptying it full cistern of water and its filling up to the level.

a lot of them are designed to work together,you therfore sometimes can not fit someone elses cistern to the pan and expect it to work properly

i have been told that the water can be being slowed down too much to take-away the paper if the pipe that runs the water into the toilet bowl is shoved too far into the back of the toilet, the rubber bung can also cause it to slow down if its not correctly inserted

i have been told that the water can be being slowed down too much to take-away the paper if the pipe that runs the water into the toilet bowl is shoved too far into the back of the toilet, the rubber bung can also cause it to slow down if its not correctly inserted

That's only the case for high level and low level cisterns. I think we're talking about closed coupled ones here.

I live in hard water area and the pan inlets get blocked with scale and then the toilet will not flush properly no matter how much water you have to flush with. It just drains away slowly

That's only the case for high level and low level cisterns. I think we're talking about closed coupled ones here.

i just had a back to wall fitted - i believe this would fall into the close coupled catagory ,,am i wrong?:confused:

Yes that's a closed coupled type as is any WC where the cistern mounts directly onto the pan.

Yes that's a closed coupled type as is any WC where the cistern mounts directly onto the pan.
BTW can be low level or close coupled
if the "wall" is a cupboard then it is low level as there is a pipe from the cistern hidden in the cupboard
There are also BTW toilets which are close coupled but I have not seen any with pneumatic flush

BTW can be low level or close coupled
if the "wall" is a cupboard then it is low level as there is a pipe from the cistern hidden in the cupboard
There are also BTW toilets which are close coupled but I have not seen any with pneumatic flush

mines a BTW in a cupboard with a button flush where air goes out a tube to release the water and the overflow is built into the loo -was from a large diy store with big orange logo adv on telly

sometimes it will take away paper other times it wont but it seems to work better when there is more to take away :eek: if you get my drift!
i have just discovered it has a hairline crack in the pan and its leaking,. could this be interfering with its flush mechanism anyone?

hoping the replacement will be better behaved :rolleyes:

does the water level in pan rise more than normal when flushed some pan cons are very restrictive

does the water level in pan rise more than normal when flushed some pan cons are very restrictive

no i wouldn't say so it doesnt rise up much higher than a normal toilet.

but sometimes the suction is fairly fast other times the flush /water seems slow... as if not enough air being pulled in
we have concluded there must be a hairline crack in the pan as it is leaking from front and nowhere else- whether this is anything to do with flush performance i dont know...

The pan is BTW the cistern is pneumatic, the cistern is mounted on the wall in the cupboard there is a pipe from the base of the cistern with a bend in it which is connected to the pan using a cone washer.
THIS IS A LOW LEVEL SYSTEM

If the cistern is fitted to the rear of the pan it is a CLOSE COUPLED system

maybe there are some "senior moments" going on is other answers

it wasnt a hairline crack after all just another really bad installation from the guy that presented himself as a plumber, we have since had it re-fitted and bobs your uncle it works fine, this business about it being foreign, too narrow, not enough water etc etc all irrelevant now :D i am not a plumber so..:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Or raise the cistern
Replies
Views
Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
A
If the toilet is blocking up gradually it...
Replies
Views
You may also find pushing the button sharply...
Replies
Views
I would cut it to the right size and glue the...
Replies
Views
Back