Toilet clearing slowly | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet clearing slowly in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I have been called to a friends house to look at a WC which is clearing really slowly. I have not seen it yet but am told it is a new WC. The shower and washbasin are connected to the same soil pipe and they are draining ok.

The lady has put some Knockout down the loo and also used a metal auger but they have not found any blockages. I did think that maybe there was not enough siphonage clearing the pan as this has happened with other WC's and I have put in a new artex bomb which has sorted the problem, however this is a new WC and unlikely to be the problem.

If you guys have any bright ideas I would appreciate it

thanks

Paul

Is it a new build or renovation? It's surprising how much rubble builders etc can put down the soil pipe before a WC is connected to it.

does the stack have an aav?

if there is a faulty aav it would be more likely to affect the w/c as it runs full bore in the pipe, the vacuum created by the water plug will prevent effective draining. whereas the basin etc will not create a plug of water.

failing this i would check myself for a blockage.

KJ

If its a new toilet and it has been like this since day one could also be a faulty toilet.

If its a new toilet and it has been like this since day one could also be a faulty toilet.

Unlikely, more like the flush valve hasn't been set up correctly, either that or a blockage.

Hi Guys

Well the waste pipe was completely blocked, meant getting down into the drain and rodding it. Not the best job in the world but luckily I have a cold and could not smell anything. All working perfectly now and a very happy client

thanks for all your help

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
Or raise the cistern
Replies
Views
Cheers oz-plumber, good advice. I've ordered...
Replies
Views
Hi How did you get on with your toilet...
Replies
Views
You may also find pushing the button sharply...
Replies
Views
Back