Toilet continually flusihing | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet continually flusihing in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper Gas

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hello,

I have got one fo those push button toilet flushes. It is connected from the button to the flush system using a cable.

It is fitted with telescopic over flow and looks quite complicated.
It is continualy flushing and i cant seem to stop it. can anyone give me a hint on what to look for.

cheers

DD368

is your ball valve set at the rite hieght if so i would check to see if its always filling up

Could be muck or sealant stuck in the washer at the base of the flush valve.

look at what make it is most of them unscrew without taking the cistern off then just do a stright swap , either that or swap the drop valve or clean as already suggested.

the button could be stuck, try jiggling it a bit. sometimes helps.

Basically, first make sure it's not overflowing internally - this will look the same as the flush valve letting by - permanent dribble into pan. If the internal overflow of the drop valve is not under water then it's not the inlet valve at fault.

You may sort the problem by cleaning or replacing the seal but I personally have never found that guaranteed.

If you can identify the drop valve from how it looks and/or the writing on it without removing (type "toilet spares" into google and browse some of the available parts) then order a replacement and you can fit it onto the existing base, inside cistern without any tools or trouble.

If you can't identify it without a closer look - turn the water supply off to the toilet if you can - if you can't, don't worry, you don't actually need to as it will just run down the pan. Grab the valve body with two hands and gently but firmly twist it anti-clockwise by a small amount (you'll feel it release a bit) and you should be able to lift it out and have a closer look for writing, identification. While it's out, clean the rubber seal and see if that helps before you pop it back.

Failing all of that, take a photo and post it on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

A
If the toilet is blocking up gradually it...
Replies
Views
Another great option. Thanks very much. I’ll...
Replies
Views
Thank for coming back. Really appreciate you...
Replies
Views
B
Sometimes you have to think outside the box...
Replies
Views
Back