Toilet Damping Grease | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet Damping Grease in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi, I am looking to obtain some toilet damping grease for slow close toilet lid. The grease is of extremely thick sticky consistency and translucent. I have found a source in China, Keermo KM-508 but would like to source something similar in UK. Does anyone know of any grease suitable for this job as the ones I have found so far are useless.

I used to use a very thick grease years ago for a non plumbing use called Rocol Kilopoise.
Unfortunately no longer available, probably due to one of the ingredients being banned.
There's an alternative but it's very expensive, PG44a £35 plus vat for 50gram

Have you tried Vaseline, that's quite thick.

I used to use a very thick grease years ago for a non plumbing use called Rocol Kilopoise.
Unfortunately no longer available, probably due to one of the ingredients being banned.

Thanks for your suggestion regarding PG44A. Further investigation led me to Tribosyn PG44A. The company selling it states "Tribosyn PG44A is a match/equivalent to the Nye Lubricants PG-44A grease – same formulation and performance but a lower price, so we are recommending customers switch to Tribosyn PG44A."

At £19.50+VAT for a 30g jar its worth a try.

Vaseline just isn't thick or tacky enough

I have the same problem with an ideal standard toilet seat where the damping on one side has almost failed completely
I am planning to try some high temperature axle grease I have in stock - has anyone tried this before?

Similar plumbing topics

For the small cost of a toilet seat I’d advise...
Replies
Views
T
and the paper the other side of the bulkhead
Replies
Views
S
+1 to replace the internals and bin the idea...
Replies
Views
G
Thanks for your replies , I'm not at the house...
Replies
Views
G
E
If you have isolated, flushed and drained the...
Replies
Views
Back