toilet donut washer | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss toilet donut washer in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi Friends

I fixed a leaky toilet today (hoorah)!

The toilet was leaking when flushed, loosening and tightening the nuts didnt cure it.

Took the cistern off and removed the donut washer, perished. 53 years old!

So, off to the plumbers merchants, got 3 donuts and none of them were the same size!

Used the closest one but even with tightening the nuts it made the cistern sit a little high of the pan. I secured it and no leaks.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks all.

Rocket.

Plumb center carry a white open cell foam one which I have started using for these problems, not as hard as the black rubber ones and larger than the average, upto now they seem to work ok. It's just white with the inner hole still with the cutout left in so they don't distort when thrown in the van.

Hi Friends

I fixed a leaky toilet today (hoorah)!

The toilet was leaking when flushed, loosening and tightening the nuts didnt cure it.

Took the cistern off and removed the donut washer, perished. 53 years old!

So, off to the plumbers merchants, got 3 donuts and none of them were the same size!

Used the closest one but even with tightening the nuts it made the cistern sit a little high of the pan. I secured it and no leaks.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks all.

Rocket.

Just one, job done !

But keep some if those white washers there very handy!

Rays mob do a good doughnut washer. Decent size, and being foam compresses enough, not to make the cistern sit off too high

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
He went for the putty because he doesn't know...
Replies
Views
Try putting food colourant in cistern chances...
Replies
Views
N
No blockage in soil pipe? Was he a plumber or...
Replies
Views
Okay I’ll give it a try, thanks for your replies.
Replies
Views
Back