Toilet entry valve question | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet entry valve question in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Dear Friends

I need to change an inlet valve on a toilet.

At present there is a flexi hose connected to it and there is also an isolation valve so can shut water off.

My question, stupid as it maybe is, the 15mm flexi tap connector fixes to the bottom on the entry valve, so what size is this 1/2"? Also, i take it I need to put a fibre or rubber washer in the tap connector if it hasn't got one?

The Siamp Skipper valve has also broken and so I shall also replace this.

Last question, is it better to replace the coupling kit and large rubber washer each time these are fitted/refitted?

Thank you in advance.

Rocket.

Now then Rocket.

The flexi will be 1/2" and will have a rubber or fibre washer already in it. It may be wise to fit a new one, but you'll see that once you have it apart. As for the doughnut and coupling kit, I always fit a new doughnut but the coupling kit I only replace if it's in a bad way as far as rust goes.

Thanks SimonG.

I am just starting to take jobs and it a confidence thing.

I am sure it'll all be OK, fited her an electric shower last week, first one and she loves it!!

Thanks for your reply.

Rocket

can I also ask, does it matter what inlet valve is used with the syphon?

i.e, with the Siamp skipper 45, can I use a fluidmaster or another similar product?

Cheers

The only thing you need to consider is that the float valve fits in the cistern and isn't fouled by the walls of the cistern or the syphon you are using.

yes, good advice.

can I also ask, how much would you charge to do the job? source materials, do job etc.?

Difficult to say, could take upto an hour, could take quite a bit longer if the close couple kit is rusted to hell and you can't get the bolts off.

Time + (Materials + 30%) = Charge To Customer.

Plus I'll add a bit on if I have had to go out of my way to get hold of the materials.

thanks Simon.

Just trying to get to know what I should charge, running around trying to buy materials etc. Customers don't realize this all takes time.

Again, thanks for the rusty tip, had one of the, last year. Lets say lesson learned!

Thanks

Rocket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks for all the replies everyone, and my...
Replies
Views
For a temporary solution, you can get an all...
Replies
Views
I've tidied up this thread and banned a user...
Replies
Views
I take it that there was nothing there...
Replies
Views
I wanted to fit an isolating valve to the...
Replies
Views
Back