Toilet Flush Connection Problems | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet Flush Connection Problems in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brashbaz

Hi Guys.
I am installing a new bathroom with the help of a young plumber.
The toilet is a back to wall with a concealed cistern. The Box it came in say's "VAIL". My problem is the flush connection seems too small. It measures approx 50mm dia tapering down to approx less than 40mm dia. The Rubber Bush just pops out!!
The flush pipe supplied is 50mm dia (for connection to the cistern) and 47 ish dia for connection to the Bowl.
I spent yesterday touring the diy sheds for a smaller bush and a different flush pipe, with no luck.
What am I missing.

Regards Baz

Would a rubber bush for a soil stack boss fit? I have used them in the past for such jobs.

Could do. I am off to our local Plumb Center this afternoon to have a look. Ta Baz.

Hi Guys.
I have been to Wicks, B&Q, Focus, City Plumbing & Plumb Center. And have drawn a blank!!.
Just had an email from the supplier.......T"he TC concealed cistern has standard fittings known as “common parts”. You always will require adapting the WC units to suit. In some instances you may require to fix a timber baton to the rear of the unit and then fix the cistern to the timber. We sell hundreds of these products and have never come across a problem with the parts not fitting."
What am I missing?

Baz.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember having a devil of a job trying to sort a leaking flush pipe on a concealed system last year. it was a kind of push fit into the cistern and I couldn't stop it dripping, and I couldn't get at the base of the cistern without ripping apart the bathroom. Managed to get it to seal with an adhesive sealant.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

C
Advice would be very much appreciated. We...
Replies
Views
C
Looks like despite there being loads of...
Replies
Views
Totally forgot about protruding spigot pans. -Duh.
Replies
Views
Shneld, yes, if it fails again I'll glue it or...
Replies
Views
N
I see, my threaded bar must be sticking out...
Replies
Views
Bulldog
B
Back