Toilet flush valve seals - unusual sizing | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet flush valve seals - unusual sizing in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hello,

Recently I received an unusually large water bill which led me to the discovery of leaking flush valves. I have two toilets and it turned out in both the valve seals were bubbling so I set out to replace them. For now I just flipped them over as the other side was smooth on both.

The problem is that I'm having a hard time finding a replacement. The flush valves are of unknown make (it says WRAS and UPC on them) and they come with different size seals, both unusual from what I see.

The first one is flat, outer circle diameter 66mm, inner diameter 31mm, 3mm thick.

The second raises towards the middle from 2 to 3mm, outer diameter is also 66mm, but inner is 35mm.

I have only found 1 seal on the Internet that is 66mm, but 40mm inner circle. Most of what I've seen were 63mm.

Is there anywhere I can order seals to size? Or should I try and find a larger one and trim it to size? Or maybe replace the valves with something that comes with more common seal size? Giving the cost of ordering the seals, which looks like a tenner each inc. postage replacing the valves won't be much more expensive, just more work.

flush-valve-1.jpg
flat-seal-1.jpg
flat-seal-2.jpg
raised-seal-1.jpg
raised-seal-2.jpg
raised-seal-3.jpg

Email these guys

Similar plumbing topics

I recently moved into a new flat and both...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, It may be coincidence but not long after...
Replies
Views
SaintSinner
S
Thanks for the reply and the suggestion for...
Replies
Views
Ah, unfortunately the photo didn't show on my...
Replies
Views
Back