toilet flush | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss toilet flush in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I attended a job last week where there is a problem with the flush on the toilet. When flushed it still leaves paper in the pan. they had another plumber look at it and fit a new siphon and he said change the pan. thats why I was called as don't think this was necessary. I have adjusted water level and flush from 6 through to 9 litre but with no change in the problem. Spoke to Armitage Shanks and they said to clean the flush holes but it can't be this as there is plenty of water coming out of the holes. The cistern is built in and at the correct height. Does anyone has any other ideas what i could do ? Tenant has only been there since Jan and it has done it all the time but not sure if it was working correctly from the beginning.

Have found in the past that too much water is as bad as not enough water, normally start low and work way up until problem solved but it could also be a rim fresh stuck in the U-bend.

Fill a bucket and chuck it down, if it flushes away all the paper then the problem isn't with the waste pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello there Did you manage to find any parts...
Replies
Views
Or raise the cistern
Replies
Views
Hello! I was checking something in the toilet...
Replies
Views
Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
A
If the toilet is blocking up gradually it...
Replies
Views
Back