toilet flushing problem | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss toilet flushing problem in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

suds

Hi

Hopefully someone can help as i am out of ideas. When i flush my toilet the water rises to almost the rim of the bowl and then very slowly drains away but sometimes it doesnt drain at all and leaves the water in the bowl approx 3/4 full. if i use warm water with dish washing liquid it drains the water and when i flush after this it empty's the bowl completely and at this point there is suction at the bottom of the bowl but hardly any water and when the water refills it bubbles and gurgles. I have also noticed that the sink beside the toilet gurgles with every flush too. I can actually fill the toilet to the rim with water using a bowl. I have tried plunging the toilet, i have used a chemical drain cleaner and have used warm water with washing liquid many times but the problem is still there. Any advice will be greatly appreciated as i dont know what else to try. Thanks in advance for any help

Is it a ground level wc if so go outside to your drain pull the cover up and the chances are it will be full, time to use your drain rods I'm afraid.

Yep agreed. The external drain is blocked. Man Hole Covers up outside and push those rods...

If you dont want to do it yourself then call in the experts. Best get it done now.

One month exactly until Christmas....

The only answer is that you have a blockage or obstruction in the drain.

And guess what - it will only get worse!
It won't go away or right itself, so you had better attend to it sooner rather than later.

If you can't stand the sight or smell of your own excrement, get in someone who can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You have a partial blockage downstream of the...
Replies
Views
Something stuck in the pan connector or soil...
Replies
Views
Hello there Did you manage to find any parts...
Replies
Views
You have a blockage somewhere. Time to call...
Replies
Views
C
Hello My toilet flush is busted. The tank...
Replies
Views
Chris P
C
Back