toilet flushing/venting mystery | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss toilet flushing/venting mystery in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

D

Deleted member 113557

I have a simple toilet, lav, shower bathroom. Lav and shower drain fine. Toilet does not. Each time - It flushes fine, but water either doesn't drain, or drains very slowly. (see video). Plunger doesn't do much. Have had plumber out to clear line 3 times in about a week. Last guy suggested toilet was old, not spraying enough water from rim, replace toilet. Made sense. So I replaced toilet. Same thing. He came back, spent about 2 hrs snaking, pulling toilet, scoping about 4' back into line. Nothing.

So it seems to be a venting issue. All 3 fixtures end up at one vent through roof. No big trees near vent at roof. Mostly pine trees anyway. Doubtful any animal got into vent, but maybe. And again, lav and shower share same vent and are draining fine. So since its only the toilet - if it's a dead mouse or something, it would have had to end up in the horizontal portion of vent between toilet and lav. Seems completely unlikely. Plumber gave up. I am on my own, or will have to keep trying plumbers ($$$). My next step was to get up on room with hose and run water into vent pipe?? But I don't think that will really reveal anything. Water will just go down unclogged portion of drain, right? I am at a loss. Tenants are getting irritated. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated -thanks!

Attachments

• 83D13D01-9313-4A00-8B3F-D873E93B8E7D.mov
    5 MB
  • 1AD1BB50-1BE6-4E39-AB79-F4790C4C4A4B.png
    93.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 13D12B97-5BA2-4B81-ADCC-5FEFC42D7F7A.png
    1 MB · Views: 13

Similar plumbing topics

You have a partial blockage downstream of the...
Replies
Views
R
There are a few things that could be causing...
Replies
Views
You can hire a cheap plumber or a good...
Replies
Views
1/4" from the bottom of the cistern sounds a...
Replies
Views
Could have something stuck on the back of the...
Replies
Views
Burger
B
Back