toilet flushing water continually | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss toilet flushing water continually in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cliveinryde

I know nothing about plumbing so excuse my non tech language :( - I have dual flush toilet that water leaks after flush - have looked online for solutions but not sure they apply to my problem as when lift top of loo it STOPS leaking and if flush with top off ie with top/top flush button on its side it DOESN'T leak - so think could be something to do with bit attached to blue tube - SEE PICTURE - as thats all i can see that is different when take top off ie blue lead is more taught etc - may be barking up wrong tree but don't see how it can be seal in blue tower bit on left in picture as most other troubleshooting things on youtube etc seem to focus on given that moving blue tube bit around as it were seems to solve the problem - but I can't carry on flushing it with lid off on its side to get proper flush :)

IMG_0269.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks like a macdee flush valve which will twist out and be replaced with a fluidmaster model which will fit current cradle.

Al

Lube your cable they are prone to sticking with scale where they sit in the water.
Isolate the water supply, flush toilet.
Then push the blue clip that will release the cable assembly from the button.
Then twist the flush valve 1/4 turn it'll release from the cradle.

You can then open the button end to get access to the cable, use something like wd40 down the cable that'll free it.
Also clean the rubber seal on the bottom of the flush valve while it's out.

You need to turn the blue tube right round so that it is sitting in the opposite direction. It looks like when the lid is replaced that the blue tub is pressing on the fill valve float and the cistern is continually filling up and then overflowing into the toilet bowl which looks like it's continually flushing. It's a simple fix, press the blue locking button on the big white plastic connector housing the tube at the lid end and turn it round to face the other way and reattach it.

If not this, then it's the flush valve and the seals are away on it. Both look like the inners of a B&Q cistern being Macdee and the flush valve is very easy and inexpensive to replace.

I think the OP should be allowed to read all posts before there deleted.

Al

You need to turn the blue tube right round so that it is sitting in the opposite direction. It looks like when the lid is replaced that the blue tub is pressing on the fill valve float and the cistern is continually filling up and then overflowing into the toilet bowl which looks like it's continually flushing. It's a simple fix, press the blue locking button on the big white plastic connector housing the tube at the lid end and turn it round to face the other way and reattach it.

If not this, then it's the flush valve and the seals are away on it. Both look like the inners of a B&Q cistern being Macdee and the flush valve is very easy and inexpensive to replace.

:stupid: Sorry I couldn't find one that says I agree with system. It will be the cable interfering with the float valve, easy fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Would cap both off separately cut just below...
Replies
Views
It is an 'all in one' toilet with a macerator...
Replies
Views
Bailing out the loo is not something I would...
Replies
Views
Are they all designed to fit a standard...
Replies
Views
Hve you tried pulling the large chrome part...
Replies
Views
Back