Toilet / Fort Knox (can't get in) | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet / Fort Knox (can't get in) in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hello there...!

Wife has somehow broken the button that flushes. Now I can't get into the cistern bar 4mm.

I've taken the buttons out and we don't have the main flat head screw mechanism I've watched video after video about.

It's just a loose plastic bar that goes into a thicker threaded piece.

Is there some kind of magic chant you have to do to open this thing!

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20210501_094905.jpg
    IMG_20210501_094905.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20210501_094859.jpg
    IMG_20210501_094859.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
As per Knappers post, the second pic seems to indicate that the button would have originally been fixed to the lid (with the 'cup' part behind, and then a nut), before the lid was first put on the cistern.
If you let the button sit in its hole, can you not lift the whole lid off? Or if not, can you lift it enough to see inside and see what is tethering the mechanism?

Similar situation where previous owners had tiled flush with the removable lid which meant it was held down and would not move enough to clear the lid rim lip. I had to remove the wall tiles..then could not find replacement tiles...then needed whole new tiling...which then became as whole new toilet & basin etc...
so push button flush was £3.99 but it cost thick end of £2,500 to replace it lol

Similar plumbing topics

Hve you tried pulling the large chrome part...
Replies
Views
B
Sometimes you have to think outside the box...
Replies
Views
Place a block of wood carefully in the correct...
Replies
Views
Thanks Shaun - appreciate the advice and quick...
Replies
Views
Cheers Aquarius, I'll pop out and grab a new...
Replies
Views
Back