toilet in basement | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss toilet in basement in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stecorcoran83

hi all

ive just been asked to put a toilet in a basement and am wondering where i would take the waste. would i have to fit a macerator? or could i run it to the drain? what would be the best option??

try a nice green composting loo, no need for a drain or one of those nasty saniflo's, only a thought

bit of 3x2 and lots of sawdust!! (you need a big bucket to empty it onto the veg patch occassionally)

depends if the drain is low enough, If not then a saniflow with some big solvent weld pipe and long radius bends (1 1/4), is it For Joseph Fritzel?.

ha ha yeah i think its his long lost brother. cheers guys.

I fitted a toilet in the basement of a shop years ago and used a saniflo and it worked fine. It discharged via a 3/4 inch copper pipe to a sewer pipe approx 2 metres above the toilet. It blocked a couple of times due to the bend in the copper pipe being too tight (3/4 inch elbow). I changed this tight bend to a slow formed bend of about 100mm radius and never had a problem after this.

Make sure no tampons or panti liners are flushed into this toilet as they are sure to block the maserator and make a right mess and are difficult to clear from the saniflo unit.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Please come back with a photo and words of the...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am planning to build a small half...
Replies
Views
You have a partial blockage downstream of the...
Replies
Views
Thanks Shaun and Last Plumber. I checked the...
Replies
Views
Thank you
Replies
Views
Back