Toilet inlet valve | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet inlet valve in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Afternoon Friends

Well, waste of a day today.

Went o change a toilet inlet valve. Done 15 odd this year so comfortable in doing them.

Get to the flat, an Arab answers in full regalia. Rude as you can get!

So, look at the toilet, no water coming in, i get a new valve (fluidmaster £9.89 screwfix)

Turn the water off at the stopcock in the cupboard, water to toilet still live, no water to cold kitchen tap.

Look everywhere for another valve/tap, nothing.

So, go outside the block of flats, cant find the outside main.

Tell the Arab, he's not happy, toilet not working, the little water coming from the inlet valve is going straight into the pan, i tell the Arab he's got a problem with the siphon valve, he goes mad, babbling this and that. I leave.

So, anyway, can anyone help me with regards to where the toilet shut of might be hidden?

Also, its a top push button flush, its got an interchangaeable siphon (cant remember the name) the one that twists off. Why would this be letting water straight into pan?

Always been able to fix toilets. I was even going to have 'Toilet Fixing Expert' on the side of the van but maybe thats not my best idea now!

Frustrated Friday this is.

Cheers

RCT

I'm considering becoming professionally racist. Just like I might have nothing against poor people but professionally it would be wise to discriminate. Any one of about 5 accents on the other end of the phone and the odds become pretty good I'll get an unfriendly reception, difficulty in communicating what needs to be done and why, a look of horror over the price, an awkward attempt at haggling, a tirade of random requests and demands and very often a wasted journey.

And as for the loo, tank fed? Invest in a freezing machine once you can afford it. And don't bother fixing push button syphons unless you have the right seal, just swap for new fluidmaster. If they're not interested bid them farewellity.

Cheers WT. I agree with you.

My mate said walk. Yes, I want to but also want the experience to fit ( plus the meager money).

He's a real dog, wife stayed in the bedroom, no tea, no nothing!

If I was busy all week I'll tell him to puss off!!

shouldn't be meager money mate! unless it's a pig a syphon change should be £50 min in your pocket for less than an hour's work. bread and butter.

I'm sure rudeness is not exclusive to the Arab race' it can be any culture. No excuse for it, just walk and don't go back, they soon get the message. Flush valve seems to be the correct diagnostic. Are you sure the feed is not off a storage cistern?

I shut all the valves in turn. It kept going!!

I'll go back for a brucie if he's still rude (price is right).

Otherwise he can use a bucket to flush it.

I'm sure rudeness is not exclusive to the Arab race' it can be any culture.

Rudeness is subjective. One man's smiling greeting is another man's ingratiating insincerity. One man's customary barter is another man's implied accusation of over-pricing.

Rudeness is definitely not exclusive to the Arab culture, but most of the ones I have worked for, to me, appeared rude. Maybe my opinion was wrong, I don't know.

Rudeness is definitely not exclusive to the Arab culture, but most of the ones I have worked for, to me, appeared rude. Maybe my opinion was wrong, I don't know.
May be how people perceive things to be. Cultural differences? In our multi cultural society.

dont worry about him my man ......there is a good customers out there
i think the rude customers are looking for a polite people/tradesman and then try there luck , and if they could break you down they will .
Next time have different attitude on first contact , you must react fast and be good speaking to customers ....says a foreign plumber :)

'Toilet fixing expert' ... Really? You would want that on the side of your van???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

It is an 'all in one' toilet with a macerator...
Replies
Views
Well persevered, it is always worth the extra...
Replies
Views
Would cap both off separately cut just below...
Replies
Views
I recently moved into a new flat and both...
Replies
Views
N
No blockage in soil pipe? Was he a plumber or...
Replies
Views
Back