Toilet inlet valve | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet inlet valve in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
So, toilet overflowing. Tried to fix ball cock, still drips, whipped it out, not easy.

Put same in BUT the shank wasn't long enough to reach the pipe fitting to connect water, no play in pipes.

Luckily I had 4 new fluidmasters on the van!

Anyway, how do you get around the length of shank (!) issue?

I bought a new ball cock in wickes but too short.

Cheers

There can be a slight difference in length & it is a problem when pipe has no movement.
All you can do is fit an isolating valve, if none there & repipe up to the new valve tail, or use a nasty flexi.

How much too short would determine your options.....regards Turnpin:wink:

Yeh we love a flexi bob lol

Ask lame plumber... He said it wasn't rocket science last night ;)

You can get those little tap extenders... Most threads lengths are standard so you got unlucky.

2nd thoughts it was probably because you went to wickes, it's all cheap tat in there

Always worth keeping on van

image.jpg

Nope id still put on a nice loking flexi with iso and cut pipe down so nice n straight,, bobs your uncle and fannys just great lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I recently moved into a new flat and both...
Replies
Views
Thanks for all the replies everyone, and my...
Replies
Views
Got it. Thank you for the reply.
Replies
Views
For a temporary solution, you can get an all...
Replies
Views
I would take a look inside the cistern, make...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back