Toilet keep blocking - suspected problem with WC connector. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet keep blocking - suspected problem with WC connector. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

I have a problem. We've just had a toilet fitted and its already blocking up. We can clear the blockages with a lot of plunging but it doesn't take much to block it back up. Also the flow rate of the flush seems lacklustre even when not blocked - it doesn't seem strong enough to pull the paper down in one flush.

The TLDR: IS the excess outlet pipe in the 90 degree connector restricting the flow and can I just disassemble it and cut off the excess to increase the flow and stop the blockages.

N.B calling the plumber back is not an option. This is one of about 5-10 problems and we don't want the guy anywhere near this house again.

View attachment Pic3.jpg

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. I'm not familiar in any way with plumbing, but this is what I think is happening...

I believe the plumber has used 2 pan connectors fixed together to span the horizontal distance between the existing soil pipe and the toilet spigot. Maybe this is standard practice (i don't know). Now by looking in the boss I can see the outlet of the first connector coming too far into the second connector (which is a right-angle) and that is reducing flow and causing blockages.

MORE PICTURES IN ATTACHED PDF.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Toilet.pdf
    21.2 MB · Views: 68
Only certain pan connectors are trimmable. But definitely being restricted by that other pan connector pushing into other one. Extend soil pipe and 90 bend in soil pipe and pan connector into that strap on boss for smaller pipe. Or you could tee for the toilet and put what I assume is basin waste into tee via adapter.

Well I can see why you don`t want the muppet back! Wrong horizontal fitting used and basically blocking the exit point.
My McAlpine book is in the van but pretty sure that they will have the first and correct fitting you need.

Similar plumbing topics

Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
Sorry for the late post on this but just...
Replies
Views
Managed go get a bucket full of baby wipes out...
Replies
Views
You have a partial blockage downstream of the...
Replies
Views
A
If the toilet is blocking up gradually it...
Replies
Views
Back