Toilet leaking from base - help appreciated | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet leaking from base - help appreciated in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pacmeoff

Hi,

I have just installed a new toilet but it appears to have a very small leak from the base.

I have felt all around the back and on the inlet pipe etc and it's bone dry. The waste pipe (the big pipe that takes all the stuff away) is also dry.

I have marked the water level in the pan and that appears to be fine (the water does not go down).

I believe the leak happens after flushing and the water appears from under the pan to the rear and right hand side only - the left hand side is complete dry.

The leak does appear to dry up when the toilet is not in use i.e. no being flushed.

The delivery driver got me to check the pan when it arrived because he said he didn't like the look of it (the way it was loaded on the pallet), I did check it and could not see any damage but not sure I turned it upside to check underneath.

Any ideas or suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks
Paul.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bolts that connect the cistern to the pan..i'm betting on that..

Are the bolts that connect cistern to pan plastic or metal? A lot of newer ones are plastic, and personally I hate them with a vengance, I throw them away and fit metal ones. It only takes a very very small amount of water to create a mark on the floor. Feel if the screw on the right hand side of the cistern is wet, and around the bottom of the cistern on the right hand side.

Thanks all

I will double check the bolts tomorrow - I believe the bolts are metal.

Thanks
Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

T
I know you must be frustrated, but as gmartine...
Replies
Views
It is an 'all in one' toilet with a macerator...
Replies
Views
You have a partial blockage downstream of the...
Replies
Views
Would cap both off separately cut just below...
Replies
Views
That's brilliant mate, thank you. I didn't see...
Replies
Views
Back